• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fox Racing vs Bilstein 5150

What everyone has forgot to mention is the "stiffness" of your ride depends on ALOT more than just shocks (and even springs), you have bushings, arms (short vs long) among other things. I run RE long arm kit and 7100's valved at 360/80 (which most say is super stiff) but everyone who rides in my jeep comments how nice it rides (and rides great through the rough, fast stuff). Are you running drop brackets? Are your lower control arm angles bad those things have a huge affect on ride.

Anyway, please stop trying to compare 5150's to fox 2.0's. Its like a VW golf and a Audi A4 (they are both cars and both built nice, one is just built better from the beginning). The 7100 is direct comparison to the 2.0's and they are both great shocks. You won't go wrong with either. I prefer Bilstein but wouldn't knock 2.0's like some people. This will end up like RE vs TnT long arm crap soon. haha

Haha yeah sorry i didnt mean to start a tnt vs long re thread by asking about shocks, it just seems no one is telling me what i want to hear :) If i can afford it i will def run the Fox's, i guess i can call them and tell them about my set up and what i want in terms of driveability and hopefully they will be able to give me what i need. Otherwise i may have to settle for some monotubes:mad: or some RS9000XLs. I really like the adjustable dampening aspect, i just cant imagine that if i order shocks that are prevalved that they will be wat i want them to be. And after i order shocks that expensive i definitely dont plan on sending them back to be revalved a few more times.

I now have Rancho 9000 all around, the front are set at 6 and the rear are at 5, it ride smother than my 96 ZJ with Red KYB's. I can tell the difference when they are adjusted. I run about 2 clicks stiffer off road.

Back