• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

FOX Air shocks

That sure seems like a huge waste of time. I used a ramp with the shocks off, and simply measured. To be sure everything worked I bought cheap monroes to my measurements (extened and compressed) ran them then bought bilsteins all around.
I thought the same thing, hence why I used the method described in the paragraph above what you quoted. ;) I drove it up a big dirt pile with one tire until it was fully flexed in the rear. I probably could've pushed it over from where it was, I'd touch it and the drooped tire would lift off the ground.
Bilsteins are nice, but since (I think) you said this a trail only truck, OME's might be more enjoyable, they're softer and pretty smooth.
It depends on the usage. A lot of people run Bilsteins on trail only vehicles. In fact, usually OMEs are recommended more for the DD/weekend warrior rigs on account of their comfortable ride quality.

Can they take abuse? I still drive on some pretty ruff/un-even terrain.
Yes. Bilstein, OME, King, Fox, you'll probably be happy with any of those. All are designed for off-road rigs and to handle the chore of controlling their body motion and all of them do a good of it.

Yes. Bilstein, OME, King, Fox, you'll probably be happy with any of those. All are designed for off-road rigs and to handle the chore of controlling their body motion and all of them do a good of it.

I miss read OME. I was thinking something else. yeah... Kings. I have a buddy that has a dune/trophy style ranger out fitted with kings (bumpstops, remote res, and triple bypass). They are awesome. Around 5k in shocks.

There are so many options. I really don't know what to do. I'm leaning towards the 5150's for the rear right now.

Nobody has said anything about JKS's rear shock mount... Do you think this thing is a solid product? It sounds like a pretty good Idea.

Back