• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

found a cheap plug for front floor drains

ehall

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
True Value hardware store has generic disposal plugs that are 2.5" wide and soft rubber

Disposal_Floor_Plug.sized.jpg

are these for the larger hole in the upper right hand corner of the front floor pans?

if so thats awesome i was just wondering about something for there because i just started herculinering my floor pans this week(got the insperiation from YOUR thread for that one)

to bad idk of any true value stores anywhere near me

Well if that's the case there are better options

The best thing I've found are the push-up "deck fill" plugs that are used to service fuel and fresh water on boats via top-mounted hoses. The high quality chrome ones are about $50 each though, and I am holding off on them until I get the finished flooring installed, since the bottoms will have to be trimmed to flush mount the bottom of the floorboards.

14050232.jpg

However there are some push-up drain adapters that work the same way. I've seen them at Lowes in the plumbing aisle, but I don't know what they are called

I drilled holes in the floor board just under the seat support (96 XJ) and I have boat drain plugs stuck into the holes from the bottom. These are the type of plugs that snap over to seal. I still run carpet although my floor boards are lined and i have rubber matts under the carpet to provide some space between the carpet and floor. I cut a hole in my carpet just above the drain plug and above the seat support rib so I can look in there and see how much water is in the floorboards.

Sorry, no picks but it works great.

I think I posted a write-up on here how I did mine, very much like yours but a little more complicated.

By the way ehall, I am on Hard Rock Crawlers too, my username is timmy.

I think I posted a write-up on here how I did mine, very much like yours but a little more complicated.

By the way ehall, I am on Hard Rock Crawlers too, my username is timmy.

i've searched and searched... could you send me a link on your post... i'm getting ready put some drain plugs in mine and can't decide how i should do it... any suggestions would be useful...

I did something similar a while back, and it works great. I closed all of my factory drain holes up when I installed the vinyl flooring. Then, I installed two 4inch deck plates through the floorboard, one on each side.

I just washed out the jeep the other day. Simple green and a garden hose, open the drains, and I am done. Works great!

The deckplates I used were cheap, I think only 5 bucks each, but you can get much more expensive with them. Mine are plenty strong enough, and they have an o-ring for the seal. Its just a 1/8th turn camlock to pout them in or take em out. Just shop around, the interweb is your friend.

DSCN1346.jpg

DSCN1347.jpg

DSCN1348.jpg

~ James

got a link to where i can get some vinyl flooring?

Like the sealing qualities of bedliner (gonna probably go with durabak), but dont like its unfinished look.

Back