• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Forum Rules, and Moderators

.40CalPatriot

NAXJA Forum User
After I just received and infraction I decided to read over some of the forum rules. As I read thru them I realized that some moderators( I am not calling out any individuals at all) seem to enforce some petty rules but turn their back to ( or dont notice) some larger infractions. Some rules that caught my eyes are below and I was wondering what others thought of these rules. Please discuss in a civil manner.

Participants shall not create duplicate threads (cross-posting) or direct others to threads they have started except when the referenced thread provides an answer to a question in a newer thread.

Participants shall not post to instruct users to check your e-mail, check your PM, or inform them that they've got mail or a new PM, or any variant thereof

Participants shall not “bump” threads. Bumping can refer to posting useless information, making corrections or updates in a new post, posting one-liners (such as “BTT”) or any other action to deliberately keep a thread hot or to bring it to the top of its Forum.

In general, messages on the Forums shall be written in English unless the writer’s native language is other than English. Forum participants who elect to respond to non-English speaking participants in a language other than English are encouraged to do so when it will facilitate communication. In such instances, the non-English text shall include a translation into English in the same post.

Rudeness toward another Forum participant will not be tolerated. Any participant who is intentionally unpleasant, obscene, or disruptive will receive one (1) warning. Any participant who offends after receiving a warning may be suspended for a period of time determined by the BOD, or banned permanently without further warning.

Personal attacks directed toward another Forum participant will not be tolerated.

Threats of bodily harm or other threatened consequences are not permitted and will be deleted without warning. A first violation will result in a suspension of Forum privileges for a period established by the Board of Directors, but not to exceed one (1) month. A second violation will result in permanent revocation of Forum privileges.

Members may not use custom titles to impersonate, or attempt to impersonate, NAXJA Staff, officers or directors, other members, or other Forum participants..

Participants shall not post URLs that are censored by adding spaces, dots, or substituting characters; or by any other means in an attempt to defeat the censors put in place by NAXJA.

Law and order are everywhere the law and order which protect the established hierarchy.

Marcuse.

Those first 3 in particular are violated quite frequently, just in this chapter... maybe daily when you consider all of NAXJA.

What did you receive your infraction for?

I've been wondering that for a while. I see violations of the first three all the time - all over the forum. I believe the moderation team works on the reactive, not proactive method though - i.e. they only check stuff if someone reports it, instead of actively going out looking for things to moderate. I personally believe things run better when done this way, because if no one reports it, likely no one was angry enough about it to bother, so what's the problem?

EDIT: haha, signature violation? I had that issue once, luckily one of the guys in my chapter alerted me before I got an infraction, so I fixed it.

Folks,

Consitency of moderation is the goal throughout all of the NAXJA forums. The most recent National BOD made it a goal to come up with a Moderators SOP which they completed and implimented this year. This has helped keep moderation consitent. Currently we are working on updating the profanity section of these SOPs.

If there are any issues, civil conversations behind the scenes with your direct moderators can solve 99% of problems or even answer questions.

Keep in mind, there is a 'report post' option on any post and you can notify your moderators of any inconsistent moderations or problem posts.

You have some good guys moderating your chapter and they have always been reasonable and good speaking terms with me and I don't beleive they would not be with you.

Thank you,

-Avery
Naxja Head Moderator

Everything in moderation (pun intended)

So our mods are not post-nazis. That is part of what keeps this forum alive and thriving. I have reported a post or two that were "out there." Overall, we manage our own well enough to escape further scrutiny. I like it!

I've been put on time out over at Ford-trucks.com. Easy-going ol' me got dinged TWICE over there. With that said: Fordification.com, Fordification.com, Fordification.com...

:firedevil

Shuddup and 'wheel.

I'm going to Hooters.

:moon:

If some of these rues were actually enforced, I probably would never have joined up.
Dick ;)

LOL.:wierd:

Back