• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ford injectors

FUNKYTEE5 said:
It must be nice having the ability to adjust the injector pulse width with that MAP adjuster. Did you make the radioshack/homejob special? Also, if you don't mind me asking! Does the MAP adjuster alter the MAP voltage over the whole range of intake manifold vacuum? Thanks.

I don't know about CW but I made my MAP adjuster from Radio Shack parts. I initially used it to lean out my Ford 24lb injectors after I installed them on my old modified 4.0 and found that it ran too rich. At the time, I turned the MAP sensor input voltage down to 4.25v.
Since I built the stroker, I had to turn it up because at the stock 5.0v, it ran too lean. I now have it set at 5.35v and my A/F ratio gauge shows stoichiometric at idle and cruise, slightly rich under WOT, and lean when I back off; exactly how it should be.
The MAP adjuster does alter the MAP voltage right across the rpm range and under light load/heavy load conditions. Keep in mind that when the engine is running in closed loop (light throttle cruise, warm idle), the O2 sensor will negate any change brought about by the MAP adjuster so its effect will only be noticed when the PCM is in open loop.

258hp@4800/320lbft@3200, 1/4 mile = [email protected], 0-60 = 5.9secs
Websites - Jeep 4.0 Performance, 4.6L Stroker Build-Up, Dino's Jeep Tricks

Back