• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ford Explorer 8.8?

My local you-pull-it doesn't care - they go by part description. I told them they had a fairly rare (in this area) 21 spline np242 case and they said "well pull it yourself, we'll charge you the same thing, you go sell it on ebay." I buy enough stuff from them that they charge me 100 for axles even though they're list price 130, though it comes to 130 if I can't find my hydro jack and end up paying 20 to have the car put on a stand for disassembly and need to borrow a dolly to get it out of the yard (I hate moving, all my fun stuff is buried in storage.)

Think I'll take a walk through the yard tomorrow morning...

literally just came in from the shop where i pulled the shafts out of my DRUM brake 8.8 and they were 31 spline shafts. count em'.
Picture002.jpg
Picture001.jpg

ALL ALL ALL ALLLLLLLLLLLLLL explorer axles are 8.8s and 31 spline. they come in mostly 3.73 found a few 3.07 a few 3.54 and a rare 4.10 but trust me allllllllllllllllll are 31 spline if you think yours is 28 spline learn to count

Back