• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ford 9" front axle

Now, if the 9" pinion location was offset so the position created an angle sideways, rather than up and down, that could be the problem, but you should be able to see that easily.

Even with a CV joint at the drivetrain end? I have sideways angles on both my front and rear driveshafts in my MJ.

Never had it faster than 40 mph but didn't notice any weird vibrations (granted it wasn't on a smooth road :laugh:).

Maybe I missed something but why is the double Cardon at the axle end and not at the transfer case like normal? I've never seen it at the axle end before, I would think you'd have much more room with it flipped around the normal way.

Dual CVs. One at the t-case end and one at the axle end.

I was wondering when something would be said.....

When I posted the picture of the new bottom end of the collector, I wondered how long before someone would say something about the appearance of the weld.

Those sloppy blobs are actually beads I dragged across the weld the add some additional strength. The two pieces of pipe didn't exactly match with about a 1/8 inch gap. A carefully welded a bead across the gap and then came back and bridged the weld with the drawn bead.

Maybe for appearance purposes I should have ground them down some but the sun doesn't shine much when the weld is located once the header is installed.

As for the double carden, yes there was alreday one (CV joint) located on the transfer case side adding one on the axle side seems to be th only way I was able to rid myself of the high speed (65+ mph) drone.

Thanks,
Fred
Explorer 1

Installed and hopefully finished

Looks like I may have the upward clearance now. Ready to trail test it.

IMG_1325.jpg

IMG_1326.jpg

Thanks,
Fred
Explorer 1

Looks good! Where'd you have the exhaust work done. Oh and when we going to test it out?

ARC, Corner of Greenleaf & Lambert, Jesse is the owner. You can tell him I sent you. He know me as my Cherokee has been there a lot recently.

Now, I'm working on passing smog before I can go out and test it.

Thanks,
Fred
Explorer 1

Back