• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ford 8.8 write-up

ren said:
All 3 of my 9"er's use the 3/4" socket on the retaining bolts, big and little bearing. Yes, you can also go by the retaining bolt spaceing, but use the top to bottom meausrement, it seems to be the larger of the two measurements.

Is the square retaining plate enough to say it is a big bearing and the small bearing plate has a round edge? I'm going to start looking in the pnps for a full width 9" to build up.

I might just get the adapter/spacer though to convert the 5 on 4.5 to 5 on 5.5 bolt pattern. Do you know what's the biggest spacer places make? Can I get 2-3" spacers per side to convert 5 on 4.5 to 5 on 5.5? The early bronco axle in my bro's XJ is 58.5" I believe stock and the full width is about 65", so I'd like to width it out about 5-6" or so to match the front hp44 of 67".

Troy

Yea, but I have gotten a ton of useful information so I could care less. The more they go on, the more im learning, so keep at it.

Thanks to all for the info

Randy

1983 ford bronco rear axle ford 9" found one down the road is it big bearing or little also 31spline?

Back