• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ford 8.8 might be available!!!!

AZRockRunner

Nobody
OK guys, I am just thinking out loud here so this thread is just a feeler for now.

I am currently running a Ford 8.8 Rear axle out of a 2000 Ford exploder. It has 4:10 gears and a factory Ford Tracklock Limited slip. Axle has disk brakes and doesnt make any noises or anything. This thing is a direct bolt in for an XJ and will handle almost anything you throw at it.

I am thinking of doing a D44 or full width ford 9" rear axle in there, so this could be for sale.

These are getting harder to find from a junk yard due to there super strength 31 spline shafts and disk brakes. Last yard I found one at had 373 gears and no calipers or rotors and they wanted 500 bucks for it and wouldnt even think about taking less.

I am up to entertain offers at this time and if the sale does materialize it will go to the 1st person with the cash in order of response.

Remember, this is a bolt in for an XJ and will include the M.O.R.E. emergency brake cables and the fittings to adapt it to the XJ brake system.

I have been toying with the idea of going to dana 60s front and rear and would need to sell my current 44 front and 9" rear.

5.13s, spools, chromo shafts in the 44 only have 3 runs on them. 5 on 5.5 bolt pattern. Front is full width, from a 79 f-250, no cast wedges on the axle tube (dana44 HD). I have 2" spacers in the rear to match the width in the front.

Stock break lines bolt up to both axles, I am also using the stock parking break cables. (drum breaks in rear)

The rear would be bolt in, but your driveshaft would probably be to short since the pinion on the 9" is short. I am set up for leaf springs in the front, so you would need to weld on tabs for your control arms or convert to leaf springs.

I am open to offers, The axles have been in the jeep since march. I have close to $2000 into them.

DSCN0389.JPG

Last edited:
jchevy said:
I have been toying with the idea of going to dana 60s front and rear and would need to sell my current 44 front and 9" rear.

5.13s, spools, chromo shafts in the 44 only have 3 runs on them. 5 on 5.5 bolt pattern. Front is full width, from a 79 f-250, no cast wedges on the axle tube (dana44 HD). I have 2" spacers in the rear to match the width in the front.

Stock break lines bolt up to both axles, I am also using the stock parking break cables. (drum breaks in rear)

The rear would be bolt in, but your driveshaft would probably be to short since the pinion on the 9" is short. I am set up for leaf springs in the front, so you would need to weld on tabs for your control arms or convert to leaf springs.

I am open to offers, The axles have been in the jeep since march. I have close to $2000 into them.

DSCN0389.JPG

I will get back with you on those axles. I have a call into a guy to retube them to XJ width or atleast change them to a XJ wheel pattern so I do not have to buy new rims.
I will take it to you via PM so as not to clog the forums.

Thanks

Lata

Back