• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Forced Induction Fuel/Ignition Management

There are more and more of us going with Forced Indution and I thought we should pool our collective experiences.

All F/ICs welcome as is both Turbo and Super charging as there will be significant overlap between the two systems inasmuch as the fuel and ignition is concerned.

So, I am in process of installing an AEM F/IC8 and 40# injectors. Yes, I am dumping the 7th injector. Not because it does not deliver the fuel correctly, but because the Perfect Power electronics is mishandling the timing due, in part, to the fact that they only manipulate the CPS signal and not the Cam position sensor. That and they take a huge amount of timing out at a crack. The timing control is done via firmware and is not accessable to a tuner...

I have the base maps done and am building the mounting bracket for the F/IC. The bung for a wide band was installed yesterday and I have a newly minted AEM wideband ready to use. So, anyone in the Springs that wants to check their AFRs get a bung installed and contact me...

Why a F/IC8 and not the F/IC6? There is a frequency map in the F/IC8 that can, in theory, be used for speedometer corection. I will try it and post what I get for a response. Worst case, it does not work and I and am out the extra bucks.

Back