• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

For those with iron man mounts or brown dog mounts question inside...

OK, not to be an idiot, but can someone explain how RAISING the engine is going to make the driveline angles better? Unless there's an assumption that the engine/transmission assembly together is going to "pivot" around, uh, maybe the trans mount, i.e. somehow raising the front at the engine will lower the rear point at which the driveshaft is mounting? I am having trouble visualizing this. I really thought you'd want to either try for a lower angle path most/all the way thru (which is why you drop the TC if you get binding), or else install an SYE so the angle can be better compensated for via a joint attachment rather than the slipping yoke.

FWIW, I didn't notice any real lifting of the engine block after putting on Brown Dog regular-height. Maybe a hair, but that would just have been from the difference between worn out and brand new.

Yep, think you've got it figured out. Funny thing is that as you raise the engine (or drop the TC) and lessen the angle of the rear output, the front output gets steeper. That's another way the SYE can help out even more than a TC drop kit as it improves your rear driveshaft issues while having no effect on the front driveshaft angle.

Back