• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

For Those Asking - GoPro Hero Cam Info

Last edited:
OH SNAP! I need to update that ish!

Not happy with gopro cam, better than my old samsung, this is where its at : contourhd 1080p , kick the PANTS out of any gopro.

Quality of HD Video, camera construction, water-proof case.......:dunno:
Sorry, I pod suck for long posts! We put a gopro and the contourhd 960 and 1080 up against each other with the jeeps and on dirtbikes. The gopro won in the cliffjumping class by default.And It can also take stills which is also a plus.
The gopro looks like a fishes point of view from inside a fish bowl, both the 960 and 1080 contour hd seem to have very good pov, higher frame rates,way less pixelation when changing from dark, shade to sunlight, or going through dust and fog. They are also unreal for night rides. For what it is the gopro is cool, does the job. But if you are looking for high quality cinema style hd video , There is no question, it would be the contour cam.

The contour is weatherproof, not waterproof. It held up fine for us , stong mount system, we forgot it up on top the jeep for an hour in the rain, pushing through thick overgrowth, or plowing I should say

I like the GoPro wide angle POV. The Contour definitely has better color, but from the comparisions I have seen, the Contour doesn't seem as steady in the mounts. I have seem much smoother video from the GoPro. Either one seems like a good camera to me, I went with the GoPro because I'm a sucker for wide-angle.

Rick, Jeff.. can either of you ID what i just bought as a HD Wide version of this?

Rick.. is it possible to get a manual? I bought just whats seen in the pic.

HDwideherocam.jpg

my hd Cam has the screen on the front. its just there to display your settings.

my cam looks just like yours rich. if you do have the hd one there should be a list of resolutions on the back. I think there are 5. if it lists 720p then you have the hd model

Sorry, I pod suck for long posts! We put a gopro and the contourhd 960 and 1080 up against each other with the jeeps and on dirtbikes. The gopro won in the cliffjumping class by default.And It can also take stills which is also a plus.
The gopro looks like a fishes point of view from inside a fish bowl, both the 960 and 1080 contour hd seem to have very good pov, higher frame rates,way less pixelation when changing from dark, shade to sunlight, or going through dust and fog. They are also unreal for night rides. For what it is the gopro is cool, does the job. But if you are looking for high quality cinema style hd video , There is no question, it would be the contour cam.

the contour shoots at more then 60fps?

Back