• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

FOR SALE: Resto-Modified 89 YJ Wrangler

Gravesdiggerxj

NAXJA Forum User
I'm selling my 1989 Jeep Wrangler Sahara (YJ).
I built this for my wife to daily drive and she absolutely loves it but it's time to get something a little better on gas.
We did a full ground up resto-mod build on this Jeep.

$9500 or best offer.

It has a Chevy Camaro/ Corvette TPI 350 and 700R4 Auto swapped in. 62000 miles on the motor. Rebuilt transmission.
Hurst Shifter. Very clean wiring on the swap and all accessories.
350TPI.jpg

a192ff26.jpg

NP231 transfercase with a 27 spline input and 32 spline HD SYE. CV rear driveshaft by Tatton's Drivelines.
Chrysler 8.25 rear axle and steering column swapped from a Cherokee.

Approx 2" lift and very good 31" tires mounted on 15" chrome wheels

TJ flairs, clear corners and custom paint. The color is Burnt Orange Metallic from a 350Z. Runs about $48/qt+$25/gal reducer + hardener + more than a few sets of clear coat= not cheap. The metallic makes the color almost change from light to dark depending on lighting.
Black color matched Dash and reupholstered sun visors.

Warn rear bumper w/ integrated 2" hitch. Hippo-liner bedliner interior. Super clean.
105_2638.jpg

Dakota Digital Tach converter (not hooked up right). It also has provisions to hook up AC in the future.

Color matched Grant steering wheel
105_2635.jpg

Dark Grey/ black Durango SLT plus leather seat swap with full functioning electrics. Rear bench seat professionally reupholstered to match with suede insert. TJ rear seat belts.
100_2862.jpg

100_2863.jpg

New black Bikini Best-top and CJ7 hardtop with brand new rear glass. Also Hippoliner UV coated (makes the ride quieter).

4 or 5 various color soft upper doors. Black Windjammer.

Custom 2.5-3" exhaust. Nice quiet muffler, but it sounds nice when you get on it.

Custom LED rear tail lights. Custom flop down tailgate (CJ style). LED plate light.

c2fb8d81.jpg

DOT HID front projector style Headlights. Stock Sahara Hella flood lights.

Sport Style cage. Custom horn. Optima red top battery.

This Jeep is very very quick and very reliable. It will surprise Porsches. 2 summers ago we drove it a the way to Nebraska and back with zero issues.
GOPR0777.jpg

GOPR0776.jpg

It has a few little things like the wipers have an intermittent issue, and needs a new speedo gear but I'm going to try to fix that this week.
48248678.jpg

I spared no expense building a reliable, fun DD YJ and it will not disappoint. More mods than I can list.

Please PM with interest.
Interested in trades on Nice DD cars: Subaru, Mazda 3 hatch.... etc...

Back