• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

FOR SALE: 1999 Jeep Cherokee XJ Rubicon Rock Crawler / Daily Driver

ratoutjian

NAXJA Forum User
77019172.jpg

Located in Northern California - $17,500 or best offer. Open to trades for Harley Street Glide. Contact for more details.

The best of both worlds. A Turn Key Rubicon Ready Crawler that's also a comfortable daily driver. Why spend $25,000.00 (like I did) and two years of meticulous building and customizing, when you can buy this rig for .70 cents on the dollar.

The project started 2 years ago with a stock 1999 Jeep XJ Cherokee. All major modifications have been performed by Ben Varozza of Varozza 4x4 Outfitters in the Placerville area. Check out Ben's web site and see the kind of work he's putting out at http://www.varozza4x4.com . My intent was to produce a rock solid crawler rig that was also very streetable.

Vehicle Specifications:

4.0 Liter High Output motor with 104,000 miles, auto trans, power steering and brakes. A/C blows cold. Power mirrors, manual windows and locks.

Suspension and Drive Train:

Rubicon Express 7.5 inch Extreme Duty long arm lift kit. Converted to CV driveshaft with slip yoke eliminator.

Terraflex Hi-Steer steering upgrade kit.

Alloy brand "Chromoly" front axle shaft in the Dana 30 housing

Rear axel replaced with a Dana 44. Rear shock mounts relocated higher.

ARB Air Lockers front and back with 456 Gear Ratio on both.

Viair 400C Heavy Duty On Board Air System with 2.5 gallon tank. 2.54 CFM to a total pressure of 150 PSI. Fill your tires or blow up your air mattress.

Sway Bar Quick Disconnects with permanently mounted receiver posts.

Pro Comp 35" X-Terrains with customized Street Locker Wheels.

Bushwacker fender flare cut-outs.

Custom Sound System:
Pioneer DEH-P4000UB head unit. Single CD player with on screen I-Pod controls. Glove box I-Pod hook up, plays and charges while I-Pod is out of sight. Upgraded speakers x 4. 400 watt amp with independently powered 8" Bazooka Subwoofer in rear cargo area. Professionally installed by Hangtown Sounds. This system ROCKS!

Additional Accessories:

· ARB Bull Bar front bumper with hide away winch tray.
· Bulldog 12,000 pound winch, roller fairlead and detachable license plate.
· Amber Fog lights for high vis in fog conditions.
· Dual element 55W front bumper wide angle flood lights.
· IPF headlight conversion to H-4 housings with Fat Boy Bulbs.

Additional Accessories Continued:
· 100 Watt siren speaker with Whelen Model PAP112 power air horn plus amplified public
address capability.
· Rear windows aftermarket "Limo" tint.
· Pre-wired jumper cable connector for easy hook up.
· Dual battery set up by "Mean Green" with 200A alternator, 200A battery isolator, Optima
Red Top Gel battery for starting and Optima Yellow Top Gel hooked up to all aftermarket
lights and the jumper cables. You can jump start yourself battery to battery if necessary
(don't ask me how I know).
· Rear Bumper by Custom 4X4 Fabrication. Swing arm carries 2 gas cans. Can be removed
for daily operation and installed in one minute for trips.
· Rock Rails by JCR Off-Road. Dual attachment points for strength.
· Cold air intake system replaces stock air intake box.

Roof Rack / Lights / Switches:

Roof rack by Kevin's Off Road houses the mount for the 35" spare, high lift jack and shovel. Entire floor is expanded metal.

Roof Rack has (4) IPF 968 combination driving / spot pattern lights. Bulbs upgraded from stock 55W to 100W each. Rear of rack has (2) 55W floods.

Each A-Pillar has a Unity 245K candle power spot lights with 360 degree movement. They've proven very valuable on dark trails.

2-Sets of rock lights, 1- under front bumper, 1- In front of rear tires.

Carlin Style Rocker Switches on bottom of front panel to control Viari-Compressor, Front and Rear ARB lockers, IPF driving lights, Amber Fog's, Wide Angle Front Floods, Rear Floods.

All electrical performed by the same company that installed the sound system.
Center arm rest has switches for rock lights and the Electronic Air Horn (Loud!), also hooked up to the P.A. microphone mounted on front dash.

Rear Cargo Area:

Wilderness brand cargo rack custom mounted to the interior sides sits above 4-Action Packer utility boxes.

Bazooka powered subwoofer sits between the 4 boxes.

Two of the boxes carry a full set of recovery / emergency gear (full list available).

Fire Extinguisher and Emergency Flair container.

This is a very unique vehicle. You've got to see the rest of the photos I have to really appreciate just how clean and tight this vehicle is. This isn't a kid's beater rig.

All the major modifications and electrical work has been performed by professional shops, and all done in the last two years. Even though the rig is very capable, it hasn't had any punishing four wheeling.

I wanted a rig that could do the Rubicon and still drive straight and smooth at 65 mph on the freeway. The interior is clean with no rips or tears in the upholstery and Husky plastic floor liners front and back.

Even though I have a little over $25,000 invested in the vehicle, I'm selling the vehicle because I need the money to start a business and don't have anything else to sell.

I hope you like what you see and will give me a chance to send you the rest of the photos I have. Let me know if you have any questions or want to take it for a spin. It will be hard for you to find a cleaner or more versatile 4X4 than this one. Thanks for looking!

Andre Toutjian
(530) 626-6227
(530) 417-4219
[email protected]

Back