• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

For all you FaceBook users....

Nice. Just checked you can remove it from your time line so your primary shows. I don't mind FB too much. I have reconnected with a lot of people form my past I though it.

Just checked mine too. The FB email was listed but not listed as my primary.

I see this as a non issue really. If they want to give me a new email address, so what? As long as they don't remove my primary, I could care less.

I see this as a non issue really. If they want to give me a new email address, so what? As long as they don't remove my primary, I could care less.

X2. I've never gotten an email bc someone saw it on facebook, mines private anyway. If someone who isn't my "friend" needs to contact me via Facebook, they send me a message.

Just checked mine too. The FB email was listed but not listed as my primary.

x3 people panicking over nothing. like FB is going to force people to email you there so they can spy on your emails? is it tinfoil hat day again already?

Facebook (and other social media) is quite easy to keep tame; keep an eye on your security settings with a monthly review, keep your password secure and secret, avid almost all third-party apps, and don't post anything that you don't want the world knowing.

Facebook is a bit unique in that they like to randomly change everybody's security settings occasionally, they have some practices I dislike but again, if I've posted it there I've accepted the risk of it going viral.

Facebook is quite invasive. It showed me "people you might know" that were in my contacts in an old, unused email account from 10 years ago. I don't know how it does it, but it gets into everything you do if you let it. And most of it without your permission or knowledge.

Facebook doesn't hack into e-mail accounts unless you explicitly give it the password to said account (which, of course, I never do and advise against).

Facebook does however mine your friends list and your friends friends to suggest people, sometimes that action can produce unlikely results (as well as a lot of crap).

Okay, mostly crap.

Back