• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

fools run 07

heeper

NAXJA Forum User
myself and a few more rigs are planning a trip to mccasulin mountain march 31.this run has been known as the fools run.we will be meeting at mccasulin mountain campgrounds at 9amish.then leaving the camp grounds to go south promptly at 10am.the south trail is a alternative method of entering the offroad park spring makes this route interesting.stock and modified vehicles will have lines that will make this trail fun.when we arrive at mccasulin camp grounds we will take lunch and then spend the rest of the day at the park.the entry fee to the park is $10. per vehicle all day.some of us will be bringing small grills bring one if you got one otherwise bring something to grill.once again this ride is for stock to highly modded rigs.all makes welcome!

heeper said:
myself and a few more rigs are planning a trip to mccasulin mountain march 31.this run has been known as the fools run.we will be meeting at mccasulin mountain campgrounds at 9amish.then leaving the camp grounds to go south promptly at 10am.the south trail is a alternative method of entering the offroad park spring makes this route interesting.stock and modified vehicles will have lines that will make this trail fun.when we arrive at mccasulin camp grounds we will take lunch and then spend the rest of the day at the park.the entry fee to the park is $10. per vehicle all day.some of us will be bringing small grills bring one if you got one otherwise bring something to grill.once again this ride is for stock to highly modded rigs.all makes welcome!

Some info:

1) There is only 1 entrance onto the mountain, and that is through McCaslin Mountain Campground. The entrances from Thunder Creek ( closed FR) to the west and the other smaller road to the East are closed (private access). The Entrance from "C" is discouraged use, but as of last fall, was usable.
2) It is not an Off-Road park. The Smiths charge an entry fee to private land owned by a lumber and other private parties. There has been some discussion of the legality of this, but they have kept it open so far...
3) Use of any property up there durring the spring thaw, March 15th through April 30th is discouraged. Use of NF land up there durring the spring thaw is highly discouraged by all Wisconsin 4WD Associations and the National Forest Service.
4) You should be aware that Mission Impossible, Cement Mixer and the large mud pit on the North side of the mountain are closed, permenantly...

I would encourage you to change the date of your run to sometime in May...

these are all very good examples of how a local knows very little about about the area he/she lives in.after further investigation into the proposed trip planned we will postpone this ride until further notice.thank you for your input.
any suggestions on a appropriate date would be welcomed.
thanks

If you are looking for mud I can get you to it. But if you are looking for a good trail ride most places are closed for spring thaw. Let me know.

Kim

Back