• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Food in Moab

Considering that we generally marshall up in City Market's parking lot, I run in and grab lunch supplies there in the morning.

It's too bad that Mexican place closed on the north side of town a few years ago. Good food.

Last time i was there (03 for the 20th) seems like most days folks met up/staged at the City Market parking lot (City Market = a supermarket chain in the region, like Shaws in the NE or Lowes in the SE)

I saved my 'value card' and actually found it again last night (no, I didn't keep it on my keychain for five years) so if I can remember to bring it to Moab this time I'm all set for the deals of the day.

City Market had great pre-made sammiches and hot coffee BTW. Hope that still holds true.

Recommendations for where to pick up lunch supplies in the morning on the way to the trail head, anyone?

My standard operating procedure is to gas up when returning to camp after a run. That way, I'm not fighting any lines at the gas stations in the morning. The morning of the run I pack water sodas and snacks from the motorhome, the head over to City Market. You really can't ask for a better place to get lunch. Pre-made sandwiches if you're in a hurry or custom made fresh sandwiches if you prefer. Huge, great salad bar as an alternative to sandwiches and all the snacks you'd ever want. It's just a big city supermarket catering to a healthier, outdoorsy appetite. Last stop before the checkstand, bags of ice for the cooler.

I usually share cooler space with somebody else on the same run. I'll pack our food in my cooler using frozen Blue Ice packs from the motorhome and we'll stock a separate cooler with ice and all the drinks. That way the drinks stay really cold and water doesn't get into the food.

Recommendations for where to pick up lunch supplies in the morning on the way to the trail head, anyone?

Or are there quickie-marts at every gas station?

The Cheveron on the south end of town sells these kick ass sack lunches. They come with several different types of sandwiches, chips and usually a cookie.

Back