• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

flipping a np 231?

jeepinandy said:
rw88i0.jpg

The red line is ATF fluid.. with it flipped as ECKSJAY posted there will be no fluid at the end of the tube to be picked up...

Or am I completely wrong also on not being able to flip the 231?

I'm dying over here I'm laughing so hard!!! I just happened to find a pic of the perfect angle...

Even with it turned the 'right' way and your graphic, I still don't think this guy is going to understand that he's looking at the pump and pickup tube. party1:

ECKSJAY said:
I'm dying over here I'm laughing so hard!!! I just happened to find a pic of the perfect angle...

Even with it turned the 'right' way and your graphic, I still don't think this guy is going to understand that he's looking at the pump and pickup tube. party1:

Well you all know that the pick-up is on the other end of that tube and that end needs to be in the pump:)
Wayne

Wayne Sihler said:
Well you all know that the pick-up is on the other end of that tube and that end needs to be in the pump:)
Wayne

But there is no pump......I'm all confused.

BRIANHO13 said:
But there is no pump......I'm all confused.

You see that round thing the fingers are in---THATS a PUMP . :flipoff:
Wayne

Screw it, let him spend all his money and time flipping it, just to run Crappy Chevy axles(coming from a diehard Chev guy), then let him post back up on how to rebuild the 231.

Run the thing dry, it will not work.

Are you sure it even is a 231? What else came in XJ?

231 did.
242 did.
207?
Anything else?

a 231 did, a 242 did, a 207 did, but do yall know what behind?, the borg warner 4 spd behind the 2.5 4cyl, by the way some of yall are really assholes, whats wrong with him throwing an idea out there and tryin to get some feedback on it? I understand his tone is a lil out there but still.

Mac5005 said:
a 231 did, a 242 did, a 207 did, but do yall know what behind?, the borg warner 4 spd behind the 2.5 4cyl, by the way some of yall are really assholes, whats wrong with him throwing an idea out there and tryin to get some feedback on it? I understand his tone is a lil out there but still.

He asked a question and we said it can't be done and why and he continued to argue. no one became an asshole until he started arguing.

Actually I think they are being really really nice, b/c once he spends the money flipping it and then the case burns up it will cost him somewhere around 300-1000 either rebuilding or replacing the case, and then he will have to start over with his build.

I think it would have been real shady for them to not say anything and let the guy tear his junk up.
J

Hmm... Maybe I'm just overly optimistic, but I don't think its at all impossible or even really that difficult to do. I've had a few apart and flipping the oil pickup doesn't look too impossible, the only other thing to sweat would be the breather and drainback from the tailshaft housing. People just have no ingenuity anymore!

I think the guy asking the question is stubborn and the guys asking the question are jerks :D

And yeah, I've got my flamesuit on.

Back