• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

fixing xj finally but....

jeepnleo

NAXJA Forum User
ordered a new fuel pump it will be here wednesday.

just need to drian the tank but i cant get a syphon tube down enough.
i will figure that out.

so i am sure i will be up and running by sunday hopefully.

Now for the bitter sweet guys.

i am selling the cherokee, it is actually already sold.
i have a friend who really needs a car. i told him to pay to have the cherokee fixed and give me some more cash on top of that and it is yours.

he will have what i am asking for it in about 3 months.
so it is still mine untill then, but he will probably start driving it.
THAT WAS THE BITTER.

Now for the SWEET.
i will be in the market for a new jeep, i have been wanting a wrangler agian so i will be looking for a decent deal on a 6cyl. preferbably a TJ maybe a YJ or a CJ if it has a 8cyl.

I am still thinking cherokee also, but if i go that route it has to be a 2 door 4.0LHO auto and the newer body style. i think 97 and up right.

ordered a new fuel pump it will be here wednesday.

just need to drian the tank but i cant get a syphon tube down enough.
i will figure that out.

so i am sure i will be up and running by sunday hopefully.

Now for the bitter sweet guys.

i am selling the cherokee, it is actually already sold.
i have a friend who really needs a car. i told him to pay to have the cherokee fixed and give me some more cash on top of that and it is yours.

he will have what i am asking for it in about 3 months.
so it is still mine untill then, but he will probably start driving it.
THAT WAS THE BITTER.

Now for the SWEET.
i will be in the market for a new jeep, i have been wanting a wrangler agian so i will be looking for a decent deal on a 6cyl. preferbably a TJ maybe a YJ or a CJ if it has a 8cyl.

I am still thinking cherokee also, but if i go that route it has to be a 2 door 4.0LHO auto and the newer body style. i think 97 and up right.

The bitter maybe doing this deal with a friend. Sometimes business has a way of messing up friendship. If you both don't expect too much you should be good. Just some friendly advise from a dude who's been there.
Just drop the tank with a good jack under it and you should be good.

Why a Wrongler? I have a few buddies with them. Ya sure they are the Flagship offroad. But I sure seem to do better in my XJ. I can carry more, fit more people, lifts are less expensive. Although.. sometimes I envy the topless.... but doorless is cool..

I would ditch my XJ for a 4door JK, but thats about it.

Why a Wrongler? I have a few buddies with them. Ya sure they are the Flagship offroad. But I sure seem to do better in my XJ. I can carry more, fit more people, lifts are less expensive. Although.. sometimes I envy the topless.... but doorless is cool..

I would ditch my XJ for a 4door JK, but thats about it.
WHAT!?!?!?!?! sorry, i hate the four door wrongler idea... kinda made my butthole pucker a bit, along the lines of treason. :twak: i just think they're too big, should have been called something else, and probably shouldn't be offered in 2wd, or even have the word jeep on the front of it.

WHAT!?!?!?!?! sorry, i hate the four door wrongler idea... kinda made my butthole pucker a bit, along the lines of treason. :twak: i just think they're too big, should have been called something else, and probably shouldn't be offered in 2wd, or even have the word jeep on the front of it.

I like the wheelbase. I wheel with a few copilots so I like 4 doors. I think it is really the only replacement for the XJ. In my opinion.. and we all know opinions are like A-Xoles and noone wants to hear yours. :)

I still am not sure it has the cargo area to replace my XJ.

I like the wheelbase. I wheel with a few copilots so I like 4 doors. I think it is really the only replacement for the XJ. In my opinion.. and we all know opinions are like A-Xoles and noone wants to hear yours. :)

I still am not sure it has the cargo area to replace my XJ.
I always bitch that the XJ is not big enough..

then i looked at a CJ.... i know what you mean!

Back