• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

fixed my brake problem after a month

silverslk

NAXJA Forum User
I figured I'd post up about my brake problem in case it ever helps anyone. Sorry its soo long.

I lifted my jeep (RE XJLA 5.5) and after replacing all the brake lines (same time as lift) I have had brake problems. The problem was after bleeding the brakes, the pedal would feel great, I could drive around town ALL DAY or go off road but as soon as I hit the freeway 2 or 3 miles, the pedal would hit the floor. I first continued to bleed the brakes (went through 2 big cans of fluid). Then I thought it was the synthetic brake fluid I used that found a bad master. So I replaced the master cylinder and continued with the synthetic fluid haha. The exact problem continued after the replacement so I started thinking maybe booster since it only happens after freeway driving (except pedal wasn't hard). Anyway, this weekend my friend pointed out that after my lift, the exhaust turn down (before the axle) was aiming exhaust at my rear axle and of course.....the right rear brake line causing the fluid to boil and ruining my pedal. Cut off the turn down and all is good. Drove freeway 80 miles home last night and still got brakes.

Back