• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

First Meeting Issue List

Crunch said:
I also am not too keen on "mountain states". I think Rocky Mountain Chapter is a good alternative so we can include WY and NM. This shouldn't mean massive travel problems as we can still say chapter central would be Denver area and meetings would only be a certain distance from there. I really don't think many would get to a meeting in NM.

They do have the Rock Crawling Championships in Las Cruces still don't they? Might be a good place for a quarterly meeting if the event is still held there. Would also give us all a chance to M & G the New Mexico people as well as taxing the heck out of our "quality" XJ cooling systems. Do a weekender with a trail run thrown in for those interested.
The more I see and hear "Rocky Mountain Chapter" the more I like it. Kinda captures the meat and potatos of the 3 states involved.

since there is already an "intermountain" chapter, i think rocky mountain would be confusing...

if i'm not mistaken, this whole idea of a new chapter did in fact originate on the COLO-XJ list about forming a colorado chapter...

thus my vote is for "Colorado" chapter.
;)

MMIXJ said:
since there is already an "intermountain" chapter, i think rocky mountain would be confusing...

if i'm not mistaken, this whole idea of a new chapter did in fact originate on the COLO-XJ list about forming a colorado chapter...

thus my vote is for "Colorado" chapter.
;)

It should be Colorado Chapter, and Nothern NM and Southern Wyoming XJ'ers can certainly join. Colorado plus the areas near the state borders is a huge place. A chapter needn't be any larger.

Nay

Nay said:
Of course I'm kidding :D

Nay
Glad to hear it. I hoped that was the case, but I'm taking time off a Jarhead forum that just disintegrated into name-calling crap over a similar comment.

Yucca-Man said:
Glad to hear it. I hoped that was the case, but I'm taking time off a Jarhead forum that just disintegrated into name-calling crap over a similar comment.

I was just making a little bit of fun of the silly political distractions we get shoved down our throats day in and day out in the modern world of political marketing.

Forgive me the OT post...they are simply irresistable in election years...and most of the time I can get JohnJohn up in arms with very little effort, but he did a nice job of resisting the bait this time :wantyou:

Nay

Back