• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

First looks at commanche Factory brush gaurd on a XJ.

It can still be made to look real nice....all you need is a grinder, sawzall, torch, hammer, wire brush, tape measure, welder, and paint:D

I'm sure it will look fine once you get it on. It's your Jeep, do what you want with it. Maybe I can come see it in person sometime. I live in Eynon... about 6-7 miles outside of Scranton.

Plays For Jeeps said:
Got it for $25 with zero rust. Heres the mock up, the mouting is tomorrow. I cant wait :)

IMG00454-1.jpg

IMG00454.jpg

What do you think? I know the passenger side is sitting a hair lower. I was trying to get it centered.​

You should of saved your money and put it towards having your name in red. :sure:

91 Jeep Project said:
Alright, I can't take it anymore

Comanche

happyfinger.gif

Finially. I couldn't read the thread because of that.

And that's definatly a FSJ guard. There is a MJ guard out there. Good luck ever finding one - you'd probably have to pry it from the cold dead hands of some MJ owner.

WELL, as for looks, thats personal, the upside is no one will park on either side of you at the thursday nite meetings at the field house, :D

^lol that was cold.

I found this picture which would make it appear im not the only person with the idea. Ill be cutting mine down and re-welding tonight :)

new_6328ansUTr_ph190.jpg

I have to admit, it looks 10000 times better cut down to size.

That actually does look OK, just remember you need to tie it into the frame rails the same as you would front hooks. Look at the mounts from jcroffroad.com or one of the front bumper makers for examples.. however it will have an effect on your headlight coverage but with a good set of fogs it should be minimal.

Plays For Jeeps said:
Isn't the Jeep Moto Fuction > Form? Because I know Form
......................................................................Fuction = Honda.

Moto = Hello Moto? :laugh3:

Fuction = Are you saying bad words in our forum? :eek:

Heh heh..... but in all seriousness, yeah - The more you cut it down to fit, the better it'll look. Have fun!

Back