• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

find home values.....this is NOT an ad!

Danno

NAXJA Forum User
I just was shown this free web site where you can type in your address and it will give a valuation of homes in your geographic area. It's still in beta but really interesting and handy to use. My house in rural Tennessee wasn't represented as sales are really slow in our area. But in California where my family lives there are lots of valuations. It's fun to see the home prices in your area. If you are buying, selling or just dreaming then it's a great tool.
Again, this is NOT an ad. Just passing on an interesting site for those interested. www.zillow.com Danno

You would think that I lived in a trailer park by the assessed value of my home. Definatly a cool site though.

GSequoia said:
Damn... My mom's 822 square foot house weighs in at $598k!

It's the land thats valuable not neccesarily the house, though im sure its a great place. :)

If the property has not sold recently, it tends to get under valued. Still cool though.

Anyone notice that the satellite image looks very recent? I wonder what service they are using? I can tell by the inclusion of some recent construction on my property. Google Earth, Terraserver, Live Earth all have older images.
BSD

It's older than last july, because my yard does not have the carport in it.

The images of my nieghborhood look like they are from Feb or Mar of last year judging by all the weeds in my back yard from the heavy rains back then.

another for not very accurate, says my parents is 206k with 3 bed and two bath but actually has 4-5 brd and 3.5 bath...cool though...again.

It is pretty spot on for my neighborhood but it is probably because there have been quite a bit of house sales in the last year. We have had our house for 4 years and have gained $200k in equity- woo hoo!

According to them my neighborhood doesn't exist! Picture showed open desert. Progress is great isn't it?

Thats Great, shows my house at 68K, and 2 bdrm 1 bath. hmmm:shocked: , I paid 143K and a have 3bdrm 2 bath and about 600 more square feet..

don't think I'll use this when going to sell.:)

Back