• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Finally got my electric fan replaced... review

crazyjim

NAXJA Forum User
For those of you who remember truckhaven, my fan pretty much grenaded itself out there, and came the rest of the way apart a few weeks ago. I've been rolling with no e-fan for a while. I decided I needed to replace it before cleg and ordered a used one, that was cracked when it showed up (n)

So I finally broke down and bought an ebay fan from carparts.com yesterday... well it got here today, lightning quick shipping, and I just got it installed.

That thing is AWESOME. It moves MORE air I think than my stocker, and it fit perfectly, slid right in and bolted up. This is the one I bought:

70091166.JPG

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...STRK:MEWN:IT&viewitem=&item=370038081410&rd=1

So for about $80 shipped, I figured I'd take my chances, and I'm not dissapointed, we'll have to see how it holds up a year from now, but I'm pretty pleased. So if anybody is thinking about going with a new 10 blade don't hesitate to go wtih one of these.

Nice. I put a late model fan in my 91 a few years ago and it made a huge difference in cooling vs. the early fan. Simple easy mod that was bolt-in. IIRC I got it from ebay also, and it was still running strong when I sold the Jeep.

Back