• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Finally back in a cherokee

rubiconrescue

NAXJA Forum User
Well the TJ is gone and am back wheeling a XJ again! Needs a little tweaking to get it sitting how i want it but im happy with it:beer:
Picked it up in a trade today and it will make its first trip out at the CTB fun caravan.
Details
-96 xj 4.0/aw4/231
-46x19.50 claws with allied beadlocks
-Dana super 60 from an f550 up front that has been converted to 8 lug yukon chromoly axles spicer joints 538's and full spool
-the rear is a D60 with 35 spline yukon chromolys 538's and a spool with disks.
-the front is a custom 4 link with fox dual rate coilovers with eibach springs
-the rear is still leaf spring with chevy 1/2 ton spring the wheelbase is 112 inches.
-it has implement spline drivelines with 18 inches of slip and yukon 1350 super yokes on each axle.
-9000 lb ramsey winch with synthetic rope.
-full exo cage,custom sliders and bumpers
-psc full hydraulic steering
100_2180.jpg

100_2179.jpg

100_2181.jpg

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i134/icepritchard/100_2183.jpg
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i134/icepritchard/100_2182.jpg

HOLY MUD WHOMPER!

i would part that thing out and build a tube buggy with those parts!

one downside to that super60 is the balljoints....

Thats crazy, i like the cage

hows it ride? that driveline angle is extreme !

rides well. dosnt go very well over 20 due to how slinky the front is set up right now. No binds in the driveline that ive found so far. seems to be very high but work.

^it will never see mud. id never finish building a buggy haha
in that case, you will have some MAJOR front end unloading issues.

you gonna lower it down and put some 39s or something like that on it?

Nice skyscraper! Those axles are sweet, I would highly consider lowering the center of gravity. It's going to flop hard and frequent IMO. Sweet looking rig and exocage.

its been tried and trued by PO. Not very worried about floping it over im going to drop it down around 2-4inchs. proablly going with some 47ltbs soon.

Ok, Ill say it. Hideous.

A side hill owns that rig.

Its got some wicked cool parts on it, and the fab work looks top notch. Lower it down 10 inches, throw on some 38's, maybe 40's and wheel the heck out of it.

Good luck with it.

~James

Wow. Looks like a show rig. I agree in that it needs to come down some.

Sure does look bling though.

well when you get back into cherokees you either start at the top or the bottom and this is definately the top... looks badass. we'll see how it does off raod when you make your personal changes to it and i hope to see it in action!

i think its salvageable.... its got good parts on it theyre just oddly mounted, run some coilover hoops in the front into the engine bay, run em so the tops of the shocks are at or above the hood, run some flatter springs in the rear, some 42" tires and viola! it might fit down a tight trail.... the super 60 is a neat axle glad to see one being used in an offroad application

Back