• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

***Final Evans Oktoberfest Update***

MEOW

I had a ton of fun even with a sight case of the

A-ll
R-eady
B-roken

blues but that wasn't the kicker.
IMG_3260Custom.jpg

You should pay attention to the majority. If it is determined lift blocks are a bad idea then they are. If thats not enough then listen to your u-joints, they don't lie.
IMG_3311Custom.jpg

You got to love the smell of a freshly broken taillight on the trail I know Adam does.

IMG_3252Custom.jpg

Matt helping Adam out.
IMG_3279Custom.jpg

I've some vids I'll post later.

MATT

Thanks for putting this together

MEOW

Jay2000XJ said:
Great, now I'm REALLY pissed that I left after we got back to camp. :smsoap:

After seeing all the afternoon pics I am going to have to second that. Matt thanks for putting this together. I had a great time and cant wait to get back down there
Ryan

some pics of me on the log pile....
100_0705-1.jpg

100_0707-1.jpg

100_0709.jpg

and here are pics of my trailer on the way home the center pin broke and the axle slide back into the rear tire.....got it to wilkerson and unloaded the comanche and nichole drove it home.....
100_0710.jpg

100_0711.jpg

I hate to repeat what everyone else has said BUT. Dang Matt you put on a great trip. You set the requirement bar exactly where it needed to be. I don't think anyone can complain about it being too easy or too hard.

The pictures are great and only a couple of them have Matt in them;)

I put out a vote to make this Oct/Evans trip a yearly offical NAXJA event along with Liberty in July. :)

Looks like you guys had an awsome time, i wish i could of been there. i can't wait to get out there in the snow!

Hauser said:
I didn't really see a pic that pays homage to that first obstacle on 519. This is with my phone, but I got the right angle.

Matt_on_519.jpg

That's a good picture of it. Its steeper than the pictures make it look though.

Cool to see you registered! Now you just need to get an XJ!

Sorry I have not got the pic's posted yet. I did get a disc from Tracey with a bunch of photos and I am in the process of uploading them, but so far I have had to do them 1 pic at a time due to my connection issues with my high speed ISP. I am hoping the connection is better today and can get more of them up quickly. There are a number of good photos and since we were in the back of the group before lunch we don't have many photos of Matt either;)

I will get them up as soon as possible.

Michael

I'm trying soooo hard not to say I told you so :D however I'm glad you guys liked 519. I'm especially glad somebody other than me got hung up there! Don't get me wrong, I got my fair share of broken rigs this weekend (3) however I wish I could have seen at least 1 rig actually stuck. It was almost too boring wheeling with you guys!! (That's a compliment in case you're confused) Keep on keepin on guys.

ooh PS I forget exactly which....but a couple trails close the same time as the campground - tomorrow I believe. I guess I'll see you guys in the snow.

I hate you! :)

In all honesty, I like 311 more due to more obstacles in a closer area with the views, it's great all around - But I really like that fact that 519 is freakin tough even if it is only in 1 spot.

I really liked that obstacle on 519. But I think the biggest reason for me was because it was new to me. I was also first in line and being unlocked up front it made it extremely challenging. I honestly believe that we (those of us who go back several times) will find that it really is not all that challenging once we have seen a few rigs go through it. Eli proved that it can be done on 31's locked front and back with NO issues at all. I would suspect that given another time or two it really will not be that challenging unless you try several other lines (like any obstacle you can make it much more difficult than it has to be by trying other lines).

I have recently found several obstacles that I could not quite make (like the on on 519, I suspect that left side of 311, the little rubicon at TSF) and I kind of wish I would leave the front unlocked to try them all again. But I will probably have it locked here before the next trip so I won't be able to test them again.

I might be completely wrong, but I would guess that next time we are there as a group, many of us will have no significant issues getting through it.

I do, still really like the first trail we did 197? (don't have the map in front of me) I think it is the most challenging just trying not to get any body damage!!

Michael

2xtreme said:
I really liked that obstacle on 519. But I think the biggest reason for me was because it was new to me. I was also first in line and being unlocked up front it made it extremely challenging. I honestly believe that we (those of us who go back several times) will find that it really is not all that challenging once we have seen a few rigs go through it. Eli proved that it can be done on 31's locked front and back with NO issues at all. I would suspect that given another time or two it really will not be that challenging unless you try several other lines (like any obstacle you can make it much more difficult than it has to be by trying other lines).

I might be completely wrong, but I would guess that next time we are there as a group, many of us will have no significant issues getting through it.

Michael

I totally agree. I'll probably get right through it next time. I don't feel bad at all that I had to winch and Eli got right through it on 31's, that's what keeps wheeling interesting.

Megawatt said:
I totally agree. I'll probably get right through it next time. I don't feel bad at all that I had to winch and Eli got right through it on 31's, that's what keeps wheeling interesting.

Eli > Chuck Norris. If you put it in his way, He'll run it over:D

XJLaredo said:
Eli > Chuck Norris. If you put it in his way, He'll run it over:D

Thanks, Chuck Norris, just knocked on my door, trick or treating, in a cub scout costume, and when I turned my back to grap some candy, he lept up, and gave me a roundhouse kick in the back of my head. Then he stared at my girlfriend, and without touching her, he gave her, um, well... thats all I have to say.

But on another note, dont stand in my way, ill run you over.

:D :D

Chuck Norris can slam a revolving door!

Eli will just run it over.

Back