• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fiberglass front fenders

bigdodgeram00

NAXJA Forum User
I'm building a JeepSpeed inspired XJ and was wondering if there are any companies that make front fiberglass fenders for 97+ XJs. I know Rusty's has some but looking for any other companies that would be better then Rusty's.

glassworks makes some nice bulged fenders that line up pretty well after some small fitment modifications, crazyjim ran them on his 97+ xj.

Okay cool. I'll check them out. Do you know what would need to be modified to make them fit?

they just need some cleanup work done so they sit flush. just about every company's fenders will need work to line them up, with flat tops usually being the worst. on mine there is a 1/2 gap where the fender meets the a pillar by the windshield on the passenger side but i just live with it... the rest of the jeep ain't pretty either so who cares :D

tanjperformance has fiberglass for 97+
it really doesnt matter what year fiberglass you buy they will all fit, it just depends on how much trimming you want to do. I have hannemans on my 2001 and it came out really nice.

McQueen Fiberglass makes a nice set. We should be putting a set on ours this week. In my opinion they are the best looking.

Robby's build has them.
Robby's Build

Here is a set I saw at the Off Road Expo yesterday.
51C55217-3E08-449A-9FFB-F01BD65445C5-9758-000004424C10E992.jpg

Mcqueen also had a set in his booth yesterday at the Expo.

Ended up making a order with RDM offroad. So in 3-4 weeks should have some fiberglass fenders at my doorstep.

Great idea, I have been trying to figure out which company made the flares on my buddy's mj for years, he bought them used, and doesn't know himself. The only identifying trait I can think of, is they have a slight upward angle coming off the hood... Very minimal, but gorgeous!
Thanks

Here's a question. How well does fiberglass fenders hold up during the winter? I have a extra set I was going to put on my other XJ but I drive that one during the winter. I was thinking about giving them a quick coat of bedliner on the inside to give them a little more strength.

So out in cali our deserts don't really get the crazy winter you would get in Illionis, but it does get below freezing a time or two....and the quality fiberglass does fine. Hope that helps????

If your worried about strength, forget the bedliner... grab some fiberglass cloth or csm (chopped strand mat), and some polyester resin, if your doing this on the inside of the fenders, you dont have to worry about being sloppy, or air bubbles, as the inside finish is allready rough.

There are many great videos on youtube about fiberglassing tecchniques... But basically scuff the interior with like brillo pads, trim a couple peices of cloth/mat to fit, brush on the mixed resin, lay the cloth, push out any bubbles and stiple it so it sits tight against the old fg. Easy intro to composites...

Back