• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fender Flare Poll

Better fender flare poll

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hey guys, it's great to hear all the encouragement and offers. Thanks for all the PMs and posts in this thread. There are now over 50 people that have said they are interested in these flares.

There are some details that I'm working on right now that depend upon other people. These details directly affect the quality and pricing of the next set of fender flares. The biggest details are bulk plastic costs & commercial manufacturing costs.

The idea of offering a limited quantity of flares to be paid for up front is something I'm strongly considering. Payment up front would also allow NAXJAs reasonable vendor fee to be covered.

Thanks, Doug

I'd be interested in paying up front as well. Its about time a new flare option becomes avail to XJ owners and I'd be more than happy to help give it a jump start. The more sets produced the more visibility they will get that goes beyond NAXJA.

Hey Doug....

I wanted to post a testiment to these flares. Check out this video of my maiden voyage.

I only have stock bumpstops, so I knew it might be an issue. Watch this video and at 7 sec or so you can see my lugs ripping into the flares. Those are cut 34" LTB's. The whole thing is snapping and it doesn't break, crack or pull the screws through. I'm happy. :cheers:

Pretty impressive.

I wheeled it all day from 9:30 AM til 4:30 pm and can't remember how many times I heard that noise. But all are intact and no visible damage. I'm very happy with my choice.

Thanks, Doug and good luck with making more!

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v171/zealr2/Maiden voyage/?action=view&current=Maidenvoyage013.flv

Here's the video of the whole day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2b3V_rnX5Lo

I set an account up just so i could post about these flares. They look great and seem very durable. If they are reasonably priced i think it will be a success. I am definitely interested in these flares in the future. Good luck with the business.

As mentioned earlier, PM Doug if you're interested in participating in a pre-order. This will keep costs down by allowing him to buy material in bulk.

It'll be great to see this product rolling.

Since Doug is now taking orders, can you give us an update about these flares. Are they the rigid or flexible ones? How do they connect to the body, and what are their dimensions? Thanks.

V2 Fender Flares

Since Doug is now taking orders, can you give us an update about these flares. Are they the rigid or flexible ones? How do they connect to the body, and what are their dimensions? Thanks.

Note: I can't technically post up that these are for sale until NAXJA admin approves my vendor application which is pending. But, I can answer questions!

These fender flares are rigid. They are a cut-out, pocket style flare made from 3/16" thick ABS plastic that is UV resistant. I can park my jeep on top of them. They don't crack. This is tough material! The chunk beside the fender flare is blacktop.

The fender flares connect to the body using industrial quality screws. I've been doing a salt water test on these screws since 3/2009. They show no corrosion or damage.

Here's a shot of my jeep with dimensions. Zoom in to read the text.

Basically, the top of the wheel well opening is 5" from the lower XJ body line across the top. At the lower set of XJ body lines the opening for the front flares measures 34". At the same point, the rear flares measure 27" and that is maxed out to the wheel tub. The top of the rear wheel well measures 19" and the very bottom corner of the rear flare measures 34"

I've spent the last few months retooling forms, upgrading equipment, and moving to a better location. It is great to see the excitement about these flares!

Thanks, Doug

Are the screws for those self-tapping? Or is a nut needed on the inside part of the fender itself?

SDC10213.jpg

SDC10212.jpg

SDC10211.jpg

Hey Jake, the thread setter is a great option but it and the necessary hardware is expensive!

Yeah, I think it would be the strongest connection possible other than a nut and bolt which would be pretty hard to do in some spots. I just happen to already own a Thread Setter, so I thought I'd throw it out there as an option. :)

Yeah, I think it would be the strongest connection possible other than a nut and bolt which would be pretty hard to do in some spots. I just happen to already own a Thread Setter, so I thought I'd throw it out there as an option. :)

It really does provide a strong connection point. The local Jeep shop uses "nutserts" on a lot of stuff they do. In fact, they're the guys that informed me. I've been thinking that it might be an idea to offer a nutsert system as an "upgrade" option. Harbor Freight sells an inexpensive nutsert tool. Then a good quality insert with a bolt from an industrial fastener supply.

This makes me wish I had more money :roflmao: I don't doubt they are well worth what I think you'll be asking, but it's still out of my budget.

FWIW, I'd have a hard time choosing. I'd love flexible AND cheaper, but I know that's not possible no matter how many people ask for it...

Has anyone mentioned the Iceland Offrad XJ flares.... Damn those things look good....

Back