• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fellas, keep it down!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, the only time we were told to stop making noise we did, I'm I did. I stopped at 11:45, it wasn't like it was midnight.

Slickrock had thier best October month ever, it was because of NAXJA. I'm sure they didn't mind dealing with a few complaints. Overall this was the quitest working at night we ever had there. There was more noise from the blender, Jes you really need to start making Cadillac Margees, than most anything else.

Anyhow if the guy had the stupids to complain all the way to New York City, he must be really stupid because the office to Slickrock was only a few hundred feet away.

mark (get your a$$ to Moab so you can see for yourself) hinkley

Look I was just passing info with hopes of defending the club.

She emailed me...Im not that hard to find. I take it she went online to find out who or what NAXJA is and she must have zeroed in on me because of my tag..who would you ask if you want to know about an XJ or a club of XJs? Imma Honky or an XJguy?

Well its over and done, all turned out fine so its pointless arguing about it now.

She complained to the people she saw making noise, she went to the office, the office tried to settle them down, then when that failed the Sheriff was notified. I told her not worry we are a great non-prof org with great people, please contact our current pres. he will take care of the situation. period. For all I know she was a damn magazine editor...I did not want any bad press for NAXJA in any form. Initally she contacted me just asking more info on NAXJA...I started bragging about how great we are....thats when she told me of how she was not to happy with the way the group was conducting themselves. "A little too much camradarie", were her exact words.

Some of you guys seem to be blaming me as if I am the one making complaints!

XJguy

Last edited:
Rich,

You should give her email to the BOD and let them send an appolgy letter explaining it wasn't NAXJA that night. Then the BOD should get in contact with the Sheriff to make sure there are no pending charges against NAXJA. Also we might beable collect some money to help her out for the inconvenance of the noise a NAXJA member didn't do. Richard was the chairman of the event you could send it to him also I'm sure he would be good to take care of this.

mark

ummm, wtf did you bring me into this dumbass thread for? got something to about me? say it.....

nothing needs to happen.

no one needs to do anything let alone xjg

stephanie macpetrie handled the non-situation extremely well when it came her way.

I also talked to the campground host.

they know it wasn't our group

the margarita fest wasn't what we're talking about here. that never became an issue

its all good.

everyone relax.

there is no drama here. move along.

Naw Rich...

we don't shoot the messenger. Kind of wierd that she bothers you rather than just going outside and checking it out. Probably another of those "Damn Yankees". :D
We never did see the Sheriff. I'm sure he just blew it off as B.S. which it was. They see K-5s and big Broncos and blame it on us. Oh well. We DID get the police called on us on Tuesday. Troy and I were both leading trails that assembled at the old Moab Off Road place. Some of the Jeeps spilled over onto the parking lot next door. It's about 250 feet from the road to the front door so it's not like we were in her face. The ol' lady that owned it (garbage transfer center) came and gave Troy an earful while dialing her cell phone to contact the city police. She said that we were blocking it so her customers couldn't get to her front door. The trash trucks were going around to the backside not the front door! She must have had a hard-on for Jeepers. Probably has forgotten who pays the bills in town! I'm glad that I was late to the staging area as Troy had it all under control by the time I got there. The rest of the town was very hospitible. One of the merchants told my "boys" (sons-of-Danno) that they were very happy to see NAXJA. I estimate that we left well over $150,000 in town. Danno

ive never heard of a vacation being ruined by a night of wrenching whoever it was. its like blaming the cubs not going to the series on account of one fan catching a ball.

the last time i heard of a vacation being ruined was after 6am boozing sessions at a $250 a night hotel, that included but was not limited to jackass style wheelchair stunts, city council persons, handguns, pregnancy tests, and out of the closet homosexuals. all of the forementioned were grounds for the complaint not complaining parties.

Hunter

Hey Hunter.

That sounds like my kinda party, with the exception of the homersexuals.
Give me a holler next time you are throwing down like that.
Hasta.
P.S. This thread belongs on JU.
P.P.S. Hey XJGuy, who died and made you pope of this dump?
Go back to your non-website and type more b.s. about your non-company.

imma honky said:
ummm, wtf did you bring me into this dumbass thread for? got something to about me? say it.....

Dude I wasnt making any personal comments about you...I was just making a point. Like would go ask ILuvYotas a question about a Ford or would you ask FoMoCoguy a question...take it easy.

XJguy

Re: Hey Hunter.

bgcntry72 said:
That sounds like my kinda party, with the exception of the homersexuals.
Give me a holler next time you are throwing down like that.
Hasta.
P.S. This thread belongs on JU.
P.P.S. Hey XJGuy, who died and made you pope of this dump?
Go back to your non-website and type more b.s. about your non-company.

Dude, that was uncalled for. I dont know what gripes you have with me or for whatever reason. But Ive been with these guys longer than you probably own a Jeep.

Further more you dont like me or the biz Im launching thats just fine, just stay out of my way and keep your derrogatory comments to yourself. If you have nothing positive to contribute to me personally or to the NAXJA as a group then keep your trap shut.

Richard

I tried to find the actual emails she sent me..but it was automtically deleted. I do however have all the emails I sent her. Here they are:

You are in luck._ The big event begins tomorrow. Its from the 6th to the 12th.
_
Go the NAXJA.org and youll see a XJ 20th Anniversary forum, ask there._ There are many who have not yet departed.
_
XJguy

OH, I was going to attend, but I was unable to complete my XJ in time.
_
The people of NAXJA are a great group, great camaraderie and great fun is what to expect when attending any NAXJA event.
_
They may have begun posting updates on the events beginnings already.
_
XJguy

I'm very sorry you had such a bad experience._ It is ironic you brought this up because it was brought up a few days ago on one of the forums._ The conclusion was that there was to be a cut off time where no more wrenching was to be allowed so that other can get some quiet and relaxation.
_
I would send an email to [email protected]_It will probably end up in the right hands._ Most of the board of directors if not all are already there._ I do not know how many of them have mobile internet.
_
Rich / XJguy

The president of the organization is currently Don Woodward, he may be there already ask for "Woody".
_
Rich / XJguy

Facts.

XJGuy was not there.
This thread is in reference to Sunday night judging by the thread starter's post date.
Most of us were asleep by 11:00 P.M. Sunday night.
The NAXJA people weren't making noise Sunday night.
This thread is stupid and never should have been posted.

Moderator, send this one to the garbage bin, nothing to see here.

Jes

facts.

jes was curled up in bed with his stuffed animal (i think it is some kind of dinosaur or giraffe) making cute little gurggle noises while he dreamt of winning the show-and-shine and being treated to peppermint ice cream at the moab diner while the rest of us were getting our drink awn and our nalgene awn.....

so i can't figure out how he could know when the rest of us went to bed.

jes, it was more like 2am dude.

Re: Maybe...

bgcntry72 said:
You could have sent her some performance stickers and smoothed the whole thing over.
:looser:

I would send you a punch in the mouth but the affect would get diluted in transit.

XJguy

To XJDork

I would send you a punch in the mouth, but I fear that the
EFFECT would have been somewhat diluted.

The irony of you using the term 'diluted' is too much.

Be careful what you wish for.

Have a nice day, someplace else.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back