• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Feeler Thread My 1990 XJ

XJ4Christ

NAXJA Forum User
My rig that I had been building is what is up on the feeler thread.

It is a 1990 model with 30/35, cut out front fenders, cut and folded rear, lifted with 33's on it (its a homebrew lift about 3 1/2 ), like new 33 Remington MT 12.50's (4 of them), skyjacker shocks, interior floor painted rustoleum black (dont have $ for bedliner atm) it has some plugs I added, and two front doors modified for on and off. I had added new swaybar Poly disconnect bushings, new tierod end at pitman, etc. Rig had death wobble, but new tires fixed it and I have not had issue for over a year. Rig needs motor mounts, especially before wheeling and the exhaust pipe by the front driveline got dented in a bit on my last wheeling trip at Cleghorn and how I discovered I needed motor mounts :). Mileage I can get, but when I got it not sure if its exact or not. Rig has passed smog every time I have taken it to shop. Rig has front and rear custom homebrew bumpers.

Compared to most of your rigs this one doesnt have all the cool bells and whistles I wish it had :). It would be excellent for someone to finish building it (adding lockers, rock slider, gears, etc) and not having to start from scratch on a stock model.

Not sure what all else to say, body is pretty clean for its age and I dont really want to part with it etc, but it is looking like I might need to sell off all my stuff now and possibly move due to stuff my ex is doing now.

Well let me know what you all think its worth etc. I will probably make up a big list soon of stuff I need to sell.

HPIM1304.jpg

HPIM1306.jpg

HPIM1274.jpg

HPIM1273.jpg

What the rig looks like now...
HPIM1154.jpg

why? im thinking about getting rid of mine too..

im with him /\ im parting out mine soon!

why? im thinking about getting rid of mine too..

Well my Ex showed up today to get a check from me for child support and daycare (court has not garnished it yet and I guess it takes them a long time)...

I had just got my YJ almost ready to go out to Goatfest when this happened and my wife had got home and had a few more things to pack and get ready...

My ex gives me paperwork (she has been real nice recently.. but, I think was the calm before the storm). She took my youngest out of his daycare (which I have to pay 1/2 of no matter what) which was fine and no problems and put him in a new one starting in December which is a lot more expensive. I still have a job so I am lucky, but looking at hard paycuts and or layoffs middle of next year and have had some pay cuts already. I just got done fighting for my boys in court and got ordered to pay daycare in addition to child support and pay backed daycare, attorney etc. I unfortunatly cant afford to pay my bills in order to pay for all this stuff (they cut my credit lines right before court so I had nothing to pay attorney with etc). So I now have a lot of debt I cant pay, which my ex knows about and even offered to possibly buy my son's quad from me. Well as of today I will be paying around half my check as of December to my ex for mostly daycare expenses (she enrolled my 4 year old in 5 days a week 6 to 6). I live up here and she lives down the hill now (part of the custody battle). I am most likely going to loose our reliable truck to the bank now as I will have to not pay it to pay my ex.. which will open my wife up for creditor attack. I guess its a long story so I will leave it there. I wont go into what I think about all this :). I only will say that I am not sure what I should do and getting a feeler for my rig seemed like something to start with, although I am not sure by selling it would solve much either. I guess I will post a feeler for my 2008 Dodge 1500 below too, in case someone wants one and can get me out of most of what I owe etc. (not sure how that works though as I have never had these issues before).

Oh, and wife and I been so depressed and angry we didn't end up going to Goatfest.

All of this stuff is available and not a feeler like the XJ one, make me a reasonable offer of some sort. If I happen to keep my XJ i need motor mounts and tranny mount for it and maybe exhaust pipe that goes between manifold and cat. (I drive it daily too). My YJ I need a good exhaust manifold (its a 1993) and a heater core.

(Stuff available: 1969 Yamaha AT-1, 2006 Suzuki LT-50 quad, FMF silencers, Star Wars stuff (a lot of it), Warhammer and Warhammer 40K stuff I had growing up (a lot of it and I dont remember what it all is so have to come by and check it out etc or something), 2 massage tables (one pictured), small trolling motor (30 dollars) for small boat, boat anchor (like new), life vests, old craftsman jigsaw (vintage maybe..?), YJ front and rear bumpers, rear bumper for 86 Ford F-250, 3 steel rims size 16 for Ford F-250, old boat trailer (no paperwork needs wiring and tires), NAPA bumper Jack.)
HPIM1344.jpg

m_1b16a83a6f5547dda668a558bd4026d2.jpg

BriansPictures170.jpg

HPIM1169.jpg

HPIM1254.jpg

HPIM1170.jpg

HPIM1167.jpg

could you pm me on what your looking to get for the XJ, I need a dd..

could you pm me on what your looking to get for the XJ, I need a dd..

Its just a feeler for my XJ to see what it might be worth so I can decide if its worth selling or not on CL and such etc. I know what its worth to me, but not sure its what its worth if know what I mean. I will PM you when I am sure I want to "sell' it if its worth selling etc. :).

john your the f'in man.

and xj4christ, i have had some friends go threw the same thing your going threw, a very good buddy of mine, had a 3 year custady battle over his daughter, he ended up wining, but he had to keep a maticulous log book of everytime she came over, when and she didn't show up for visting times. It was ruthless. Im sorry you have to go threw this bs.

let me know if there is anythng i can do to help man. been there done that. Good luck

I appreciate all you guys thank you :).

duuude Star Wars stuff? I'm such a Star Wars nerd..

Yep

I have a lot of figures, vehicles, etc. I was going to save them for some great thing (dont ask I have no clue what I was thinking lol). They are not original ones from original series (most from last 3 movies and some during remake of original series), but they are in boxes and basically taking up room in my shed. I have some of them on my photobucket there are more too that I was going to hold onto, but if you are interested can make deal for it all when you come by house. I will put photobucket link below and if interested PM me and we can go from there. You might have to go threw a couple pages on there I have some random stuff there as well I think its page 3 and 4 with some pics I have of some of it.

http://s896.photobucket.com/albums/ac164/jeep4christ/

The stuff I dont have pictured is a lot of clone trooper/storm trooper stuff (as I am partial to them lol). I had at one time thought it would be funny to take doors of XJ and wear a storm trooper costume around town while driving and look at tall the people doing double takes lol and crazy things like that :p.

The stuff I dont have pictured is a lot of clone trooper/storm trooper stuff (as I am partial to them lol). I had at one time thought it would be funny to take doors of XJ and wear a storm trooper costume around town while driving and look at tall the people doing double takes lol and crazy things like that :p.
Id do that for sure!

Back