• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Feeler: F350 Front 60

kastein

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Alright, so DrMoab suggested on facebook that I post this here.

It's a mid 90s (I forget the exact year) F350 front 60.

The good:
complete lug to lug. Like, really complete. If it was any more complete, it'd have tires and a truck still attached to it. I forget if I actually have the lug nuts.
Calipers, rotors, lockouts, everything is there.
Leaf springs (from a gasser truck) are included. They are still bolted to the axle, in fact. I cut the shackles and spring hangars.
Steering is complete - I just unbolted the drag link from the pitman arm when I pulled it. I think I even got the castle nut for it.
Track bar is there, and complete, including the frame side bracket for the engine cradle.
U-joints seem solid, they don't grab when I push the steering back and forth but aren't flopping around. If I was going to put it in a truck I would just run them.

The bad:
It probably has a little more rust than you're used to, being outside the rust belt. I will take pictures later. It's not badly pitted or anything, still very serviceable, just a bit more surface rust.
It only has 3.55 gears. I found a few sets of 4.10s selling for as little as $50 or $25 (I forget) on Pirate when someone local was considering buying it.
It does not include the front driveshaft unfortunately. Someone beat me to it.
It is a balljoint axle, not a kingpin. I would run it in my truck (in fact the one I bought like this before this one, I planned on using in my truck) but I found a kingpin axle locally.

Now the logistics. I am in the northeast. I will ship it if you want, but you're paying for the shipping and organizing it. I can get it to the Old Dominion loading dock (or any other dock within about 10-20 miles of zipcode 01550) pretty easily, and build a proper pallet or crate for it.

Or... I can bring it to the 30th anniversary event in Moab. Problem is, I'm not sure I can get vacation time for the event (hopefully I can, it's a few months away and I'm salary) and I'm almost certainly not making the event unless this sells, because it'd be paying for my gas. Somewhat of a catch-22. I don't need a deposit as long as someone I know vouches for the buyer not being a flake.

PS: If I get a reasonable percentage of what I'm asking, and you are going to the 30th event, bring a set of gears (used or new), a master install kit, a spare pinion nut, two carrier bearing cones, and an inner pinion bearing race to make setup bearings out of, and I will gear it for you on the spot in the campground, free. I just need to know ahead of time so I can make sure to bring my pullers/indicator/mic/torque wrenches etc.

I'll start the bidding at $1k, let me know if that's unreasonable. Pictures to be posted later.

Last edited:
Back