• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fan Vs Fan???

I am all electric... Fans and water pump.

For the most part, I maintain a temperature range between 194F and 201F with the exception of near and above 90F days running the AC in town. Then the Heep gets to 212 which indicates that I am short of air moving across the radiator. I am in process of evaluating a replacement for the Ford Fan I am currently using a the main. It runs on low (via the Ford dropping resistor) when the key is on and shifts to high when the controller calls for fan. I have also modified the wiring for the stock e-fan so it comes on when the controller calls for fan as well as when the PCM calls for fan. I would say my solution is a 95% one. Need to get the final 5% and it will be done. Moving my trans and PS coolers out from in front of the radiator will help a bit also...

A great deal has been made on the accuracy of the dash gauge. I'd say it depends on the year. In my case, the dash agrees perfectly with the PCM and the PCM is reflecting the temperature of the T-Stat housing as confirmed with a Laser Thermometer. Your results may vary... I do believe though, that you really need to confirm the accuracy of the dash prior to jumping to conclusions.

Well if one was to say "submerge" an electric fan,you've got a lot more to worry about than the fan "shorting" out.Well the fans are HIGHER than the door sill,just sayin.:D The motor is anyways.

I have installed a dirtbound offroad triple fan kit.

I have to say I am very pleased with the kit. I have the digital controller which is set to turn on the fans at 195 and shut them off at 190. Driving around town the temperature reads at 190 most of the time even in the 100+ days we had this past week.

On the trail it gets to about 215 or so. I have two fans set up of the controller and the third fan runs off the stock electric fan connection so when the ac is on the fan turns on.

I am very pleased with this set up it straight up works.

Back