• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fall Crawl at KS Rocks

4wdParakeet

NAXJA Forum User
Just thought I would fill you guys in on whats happing in at KS Rocks next month. One of our BOD members is a driver on the RROCK series and has set up a Novice Crawling comp in the Trench. This is open to all that meet the requirements. Here they are.

-We will be running two courses in both directions for a total of 4 runs.
-There is a $10 entry fee on top of the park fee. The fee will be paid back to the the winners of the event.
-The primary class of the event will be the stock style vehicles. However in an effort to make sure everyone can compete we will offer a second class for everyone else.
-This is low pressure and just for fun! If you've always wanted to see what it's like to be on a rock crawling course but didn't want to commit to a series this is the way to test the waters and have fun!
-Safety Rules will be enforced and you will not be allowed to compete if something looks questionable. Ultimately it is your responsibility to make sure your equipment is up to the task.

KS ROCKS FALL CRAWL

Safety Rules:
COMPLETE factory cage or add-on aftermarket cage required IF the stock roof has been modified or vehicle has a soft top. ALL soft top vehicles must have windshield spreader bars (A to B pillar tubes)

Doors optional. If doors are removed a roll bar/cage must cover the driver’s compartment area.

Seat belts must be in good condition and attached securely to the tub or roll cage.

Tow points: must have 1 tow point front and rear.

Stock Class
35" or smaller tire DOT approved

Long arm suspensions allowed (no more than 3 inches longer wheelbase than factory). Factory or aftermarket available kits only are allowed. Springover kits allowed on leaf sprung vehicles, Solid axle Swaps allowed. (no air shocks, air bag or coil over suspension unless factory).

No ram or hydraulic ram assisted steering.

No rear steer.

Winch optional.

No comp cut fenders or body (flat fenders are allowed) and no dove tailing. Slight body trimming is allowed for tire clearance, (cannot cut fender well wide open for no lift, but can trim an inch for rubbing purposes).

Front and rear of vehicle must have lights.

Front clip/grill must be in stock location.

ONE locker required front or rear. TWO lockers allowed.

Low-range kits allowed, doublers allowed.

NO disengaging of REAR axles (no front dig/burn).

Aftermarket gears allowed.

No independent wheel manipulation (No Cutting brakes)

Frame of vehicle must have the same dimensions as factory. No frame modifications allowed for a competitive advantage. Frame modifications for a production suspension kit allowed.

Current pro drivers (3 or more events) who wish to drive can do so exhibition only (No Prize Money)

Vehicles not meeting class rules will be allowed to run in an unlimited class, you will still be required to meet the safety requirements.

The cost to enter the comp is 10 bucks and will be paid back out to the winners. Spectators are $10 per person. Look forward to see some of you guys there. And of course as more info gets to me I'll pass it along to you guys.

Parakeet

Last edited:
since I forgot to put the date in there and it won't let me edit again.

Sept 13th gates open at 8. I'm not sure what time the comp starts, but I will fill you guys in as soon as I know.

Parakeet

Damn Chris, that is my son's birthday weekend and we have out of town guests coming in from all over...I was really thinking about attending this for shitz and giggles. We ARE going to make it back down before the end of the year.

Sorry you can't make that. I was going to post a thread about Creepy Crawl in a couple weeks. That would be a cool event to bring your son too. Haunted trail ride at night in the South 40, really cool from what I hear. Due to work schedule I can't work that event.

I just spent my last weekend at the park this weekend. Haunted house season starts in a couple weeks so I have no free weekends till Nov. I probally won't wheel till the begining on Dec for Wheeling for Toys. But let me know when you are heading south. I owe you lunch.

Parakeet

Back