• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

FACTORY HP44 Front Axle???

JeepFreak21

NAXJA Forum User
What the...???

I was just flipping through the newest issue of Peterson's and saw this (#12):
yOcpu.jpeg

SPOBI or what??
Billy

Yep I think they were available in Venezuela. Quite a few people have asked if there's was a way to get somebody down there to ship it stateside but the freight price would be through the roof. There was also something about it not being as strong as a regular D44 as well.

Not SPOBI. Although I heard they were some hybrid 30/44, i forgot who posted those details.

I have a few pictures on my home computer, but yes it exists.

Its like a rubicon 44, except it is high pinion.

South American XJ's got all the cool things from the factory that we in the USA wish we got. There was one for sale a few years ago on NAXJA as well. The axle is damn near identical to the Rubi 44 except its a HP, it uses the same inner shafts and will bolt in in place of a HP30.

Here's a LINK to the one that was for sale. Looks like one of the image codes has changed for it though :laugh:

Jeez, what a noob! This has been discussed here plenty of times over the years. Did you consider searching. :gag:

From what I understand it's an HP44 with 30 outers.

Jeez, what a noob! This has been discussed here plenty of times over the years. Did you consider searching. :gag:

From what I understand it's an HP44 with 30 outers.

LOL! :anon: I'm such a noob. :( Honestly, I thought for sure it was SPOBI so I only searched back a month thinking there wouldn't be any relevant results before the magazine came out! :doh:

Billy

It's true. From what I heard, it was done because a heavier duty axle up front allowed them to pay import duty / sales tax as if it were a work truck, while the lighter duty axle would have resulted in it being taxed as a luxury vehicle.

I seem to remember there being a few dozen offered for sale from a clearing house here in the states many years back. New in crates.. iirc Randy's R&P picked them up?

Back