• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Facebook: more effective than Gun Control!

G2WANIT

NAXJA Forum User
I thought this was interesting due to the fact that NYC has some of the most restrictive gun laws in the nation...

"Last year was a record low for murders in New York City, with only 414 (eep) counted. Part of the reason for that number? Facebook, apparently."
http://www.popsci.com/technology/article/2013-02/nypd-says-its-using-social-media-cut-murder-rates

33% reduction this year, and that's in addition to the reduction from last year, I'm impressed. Perhaps we can give the citizens back their guns now?

"Last year was a record low for murders in New York City, with only 414 counted,..
Read an interesting article about the reported number of murders in NY, and every other city too. 'Article was about NY, but it applies across the board

If I remember correctly, there were about 3 times as many people reported "missing" as murdered. So as long as a body never turns up, it's not murder unless there are unusual and compelling circumstances.

To be accurate, there were 414 bodies that turned up in NY. Nobody knows the actual murder rate.

Back