• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

EZ Locker VS Lock Right

ponyracer1

NAXJA Forum User
Can't find much info on the ez locker on here, lots of info on the lock right and everyone seems to love them.

Price
$228 for lock right
$251 for EZ locker

Application
01 XJ 8.8 LSD rear, dana 30 hi pinion front 3.73 gears. 231 transfer, 33's, DD, locker will be installed in the FRONT diff.

Question
Any reason to go with the ez locker over the lock right? They look the same, is the ez locker any better for the extra money or is it just the "detroit" name??

Thanks

ponyracer1 said:
Can't find much info on the ez locker on here, lots of info on the lock right and everyone seems to love them.

Price
$228 for lock right
$251 for EZ locker

Application
01 XJ 8.8 LSD rear, dana 30 hi pinion front 3.73 gears. 231 transfer, 33's, DD, locker will be installed in the FRONT diff.

Question
Any reason to go with the ez locker over the lock right? They look the same, is the ez locker any better for the extra money or is it just the "detroit" name??

Thanks

Another option is the Aussie locker. I beleive it's $230 or so. But sometimes out of stock...

Don't forget the Quick Lok from Genuine Gear.
It runs about $240 and has a lifetime warranty.
It's every bit as tough as the Lockrite, Aussie, and EZ Locker.

I'm probably wrong, but I believe the EZ and the Quick Lok are both made by GG.

The Detroit EZ Locker is not made by GG, it is made by the same company that makes the rest of the Detroit Locker line-up. There are several threads on here that compare the different brands of "lunchbox" locker--lockers that fit inside the OEM carrier.

I've never heard anything good on here about products by GG but I can't say that I have had any personal experience with them. The EZ, Aussie, and Lockright are all the same design but I think the aussie is a little beefier. Somewhere on here is a thread with pictures of all three side-by-side.

My personal view is that you can't go wrong (on a budget) with the EZ, Aussie, or Lockright. I think that the aussie has the best warrenty but I have never had success getting anykind of automotive warrenty to work as promised.

good luck!

clay

The Quick Lok is an EZ Locker, made by tractech, or whoever make detroit lockers these days. Genuine Gear is the 4wheel parts brand, and doesn't make much themselves. The only thing different between these two is the box it comes in.

-Dan

Okie Terry said:
Don't forget the Quick Lok from Genuine Gear.
It runs about $240 and has a lifetime warranty.
It's every bit as tough as the Lockrite, Aussie, and EZ Locker.

I'm probably wrong, but I believe the EZ and the Quick Lok are both made by GG.

Wow, Lifetime warranty is hard to beat. Terry, didn't you run one of these in your D30?

I have an Aussie in the 8.8 and a LockRight in the front. No complaints about either. In a side by side comparison, the Aussie is a little beefier. IntrepidXJ had some pics of this a while back.
However, If I had known about the lifetime warranty on the Quic Lok's.....:dunno: ..... sounds like that's the best bang for your buck to me.

Haleyes said:
Wow, Lifetime warranty is hard to beat. Terry, didn't you run one of these in your D30?

I have an Aussie in the 8.8 and a LockRight in the front. No complaints about either. In a side by side comparison, the Aussie is a little beefier. IntrepidXJ had some pics of this a while back.
However, If I had known about the lifetime warranty on the Quic Lok's.....:dunno: ..... sounds like that's the best bang for your buck to me.
Yeah, I broke one at WF, but I'd say that, for those things to withstand as much heavy abuse from rock slammin' as they do, I'm pretty impressed with thier toughness.
I'm only on my second one, but the first one simply wore out and the cross shaft busted in half from too much play.

Back