• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Extremely built 1988 Jeep Comanche

David B.

NAXJA Member #490
I don't want to go into details, but life throws you a curve sometimes. Have to sell my newest project.

4.0L rebuilt with 30K miles on rebuild, Includes machined H.O. head, timing chain, comp cams (all need to be installed). Engine runs great as is. New alternator, starter, belts, dual batteries. 700R4 auto transmission, NP231 T-case with Slip Yoke Eliminator, Tom Woods driveshafts (no vibes).

Highlights include 8" lift, 36" Super Swampers, Dana 44 front and rear axles (lockrights in both axles), Disc brakes front and rear, HD differential covers, 4.56 gears, Full over the knuckle/crossover steering, Rusty's steering box brace, custom bumpers front and rear (front bumper also acts as a frame strengthener at steering box location), custom rock sliders and t-case skid, Mile Marker 9500 winch, On board air with 7 gallon air tank, Tool box, full size spare and hi-lift jack mounted in bed. I have over 12k invested into this jeep. Must sacrifice.

Located in West Jordan, Utah

$6000

(801)580-1238

CLICK HERE FOR PICTURES - http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218&ad=3523464&cat=402&lpid=

I love that thing Dave. How much could I get for mine?...I don't have enough wife credits saved up to buy another Jeep that I don't have a place to park.

Good luck with the sale.

XJSpencer said:
I love that thing Dave. How much could I get for mine?...I don't have enough wife credits saved up to buy another Jeep that I don't have a place to park.

Good luck with the sale.
you can buy it and i'll gladly park it at my place for you, then when you get to moab it'll be here waiting:D

Israel said:
jmaxj said:
you can buy it and i'll gladly park it at my place for you, then when you get to moab it'll be here with me passed out in some unknown person's back yard. :D
Fix it for ya, Bud! :D

Fixed it for you.

you both suck:D

back on topic sorry dave wasn't trying to hyjack wish i had the money for it.

I saw this too late?

What have you done:scared: :( :bawl:

Oh well, hope you got closer to what you wanted out of it. Now I really feel bad for missing Am Fork and not wheeling with you in it at least once.

It would sell fast if you basically gave it away like I did. I will take care of these bills and then, you guys know me, I'll have another jeep before long (probably before fall fling:))

xjblue said:
What have you done:scared: :( :bawl:

Oh well, hope you got closer to what you wanted out of it. Now I really feel bad for missing Am Fork and not wheeling with you in it at least once.
I honestly did not know you were in the market for another MJ or I definitely would have held on to it for you. It did extremely well up AF canyon.

I came to the realization that family-first means being able to take them along with me while I enjoy my hobbies. My wife loves to wheel and the kids love to be outdoors, so I felt guilty owning a jeep that prevents them from coming along. I will probably end up in another Cherokee before long. I enjoy being a member of this club and associating with all of you.

David B. said:
I honestly did not know you were in the market for another MJ or I definitely would have held on to it for you. It did extremely well up AF canyon.

I came to the realization that family-first means being able to take them along with me while I enjoy my hobbies. My wife loves to wheel and the kids love to be outdoors, so I felt guilty owning a jeep that prevents them from coming along. I will probably end up in another Cherokee before long. I enjoy being a member of this club and associating with all of you.

No worries. I would have made an impulse purchase. In the long run it's a good thing I didn't see this earlier (I keep telling myself as I try to ignore your comments about it performing well up AF Canyon).

David B. said:
I came to the realization that family-first means being able to take them along with me while I enjoy my hobbies. My wife loves to wheel and the kids love to be outdoors, so I felt guilty owning a jeep that prevents them from coming along.
Just be selfish like me and take all your wheeling vacations by yourself.

(actually all my vacations are during the school year....have to go by myself)

Back