• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Extending the roof rack

chad

NAXJA Forum User
I've been wanting to build a roof rack for awhile but the factory rails on my '00 xj only go about 2/3 of the way up instead of all the way to the front of the roof. I want to mount it directly to the roof similar to FarmerMatt's. What's the best way to install the rest of the forward mounting points?
Thanks in advance,
Chad

As Hinkley said nutserts are the only way to go. He's wrong about the headliner though. If you use the same ridge that the original rails go on than there is no way you could even touch the headliner. There's a metal ridge that extends out from the side of the roof that you would have to go through also before touching the headliner.

Matt

FarmerMatt said:
As Hinkley said nutserts are the only way to go. He's wrong about the headliner though. If you use the same ridge that the original rails go on than there is no way you could even touch the headliner. There's a metal ridge that extends out from the side of the roof that you would have to go through also before touching the headliner.

Matt

Matt,

Since the word is out on your great fab work. Are you going to be making anymore of the roof rack/sliders? I would be interested in 1. Did the deal go through with Stoney for the 1 you have for sale? Please let me know.
thanks...Troy

It looks like Stoney is getting my old rack. We're trying to work out a time to meet & finish the deal.
As for the other question, well I'm kind of leary about answering here on the open forums as I hate when others use NAXJA for a free commercial. I'll leave it at yes I'm looking at producing more racks (Little different design) along with some other new products, but there are a few more logistics that needs to be ironed out before I launch this business. Thanks for the interest.

Matt

Back