• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Extended Idle Switch

fordraceboy

NAXJA Forum User
So, I've searched the web for 2 days and cannot find what I need.

I wasn't to do the 'Extended Idle' mod on my 97, but am having no luck finding a factory switch. Anywhere.

I realize that the switch/circuit is grounding pin 12 (gray wire), and that a simple solution is to have a standard toggle do the dirty work.

That said- I want to use a on/off latching switch, which is lighted when pressed in, or "On".

I'm having difficulty finding info on how to do this, and I am by no means an electrical guru. I've only ever wired circuits with a positive switch.

After coming up empty on the factory option, and not much on how to wire my desired switch the way I want, the only thing I've come up with is to use a relay.

It looks as though I wire power into terminal 86, ground out 30/85, then run 87 to the gray wire (pin 12). This would give me lighted switch, then power to relay to give a negative circuit. Right?

Here's the diagram I found....

http://www.the12volt.com/12voltimages/pos2neg.gif

You are over thinking it. No relay needed. Just tap the gray wire to one side of a switch and the other to ground. Install switch where desired. Job done.

^^^^ Thanks! That's what I was hoping. I was going to grab a extra relay today an do some bench testing first. Now I have hope. 😁😁😁😁

I did some bench testing, and everything seems to test out good according to the multimeter.

I hope to install today or tomorrow. I'll take pics an do a write-up since there's not one to be found for a lighted switch. 👍🏻

Back