• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Expedition runs

I like that there is a good amount of interest in this. Since we all know Ryan is probably the most known "adventurous", him and I will try to coordinate different routes and target areas. Hopefully this is something that wont be just a bunch of "web wheelers" and people will actually show up to.

Not quite, it's more about reliability. Would you drive your Jeep to Moab on a days notice?

I would.
553161_335655469825980_1670345174_n.jpg

Okay... Maybe I had more then a days notice before the Moab trips. But this does sounds like a good time, definitely interested.

I'd be down in the Woman's jeep. As far as the trip you guys were talking about... I would wait till spring There is a massive amount of snow around 3000 ft.

Im in that area alot spring/summer/fall I think it would be more fun in the snow. Its no where close to 3000 ft. Most high spots in that area max out around 2600 ft.

Granted that it is in a different area but two weeks ago at 2650 I was pushing snow over the hood of my MJ. But it all depends on snow conditions.

Ya, for instance, TSF can have 3 feet of snow while this part of the coast range has none.

its the last place in oregon to recive snow. its hard to get snow on valsets and stick. im not shure about the rought but i know when i followed mom, fano peak is pushing 3k

ill be there

Bronze.

Where I was stuck last weekend, about 40 miles from Valsetz at 2200 feet had 2 feet of snow. Mt Hebo today has 3 feet of snow at 3100 feet. The Coast Range gets less snow than the foothills of the Cascades

It's doable in a stock 4x4, assuming there's no snow. I ran it along with 2 mostly stock rigs. BPB posted a link to the trip report just before your post. Check it out.

Back