• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Exo/int cage and boatailed

garomy

NAXJA Forum User
My new addition to the xj.
front
Cherokeecage011.jpg

Cherokeecage012.jpg

Cherokeecage013.jpg

Cherokeecage015.jpg

Cherokeecage014.jpg

Cherokeecage008.jpg

NewPictures034.jpg

NewPictures032.jpg

Choped the rear, move the fenders in +- 4" on each side. open the wheelwells, aded the exocage with an interior rollbar attached to the exo trouth the roof.

Wow, nice job, clean rig.

The front fender bars, through the clip to tie in the bumper looks great.

Is the B-pillar attached to the halo through the roof??? Any close up pics?

All that tubing and still a bent tierod..... just messing with you.. looks nice!

Also, Go the the SE forum or on the main page and bring it up to the Cherokee Crawl next week at Tellico...

It may need some triangulation front to back altrought it is way strong considering that the exo is tied from the rear bumper to the front bumper under the front fenders ( ala Gotan )and to the rollbar inside the cab throught the top with plates "sandwiching" the roof..
I will be at Tellico next week, hope to see some of you up there.

what vehicle is your best top from? i have done the same as you with the back and am looking for something similar to that set up...

i like the idea of this type of hybrid int/ext cage.

it looks great.

i would like to see the interior shots if you took any.

Does the soft top work with the cage now?

What kind of interior cage is it? Looks like its just a hoop for the B-piler?
Did you tie the cage into the frame? Hows that attached?

On the interior is only a rollbar connected to the hallo with a plate on both side and bolts throught the roof, and welded on the floor directly to the unibody.
Cherokeecage1007.jpg

Cherokeecage1006.jpg

That will give protection and plenty of room on the inside.
The leather top is from a yj, and it will be modified to fit under the hallo and over the back seat.
Cherokeecage11004.jpg

Cherokeecage11005.jpg

Cherokeecage11003.jpg

The spare tire and high leaf will be mounted to the bar behind thew back seat.
Cherokeecage11006.jpg

Back