• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ever build your own intake... manifold?

Dingo509 said:
Are you thinking of the Predator? Square box with an eagle on the side? It's actually a single barrel (if you can call it that). It only has one big square hole.

Ok one question. Do you have this propane injection carb already? I ask because if not there should be an easier way to do this. I have helped build an injected, blown 454 for a street rod and we used a GM 4-cylinder computer. Right under the scoop was 2 airvalves, NOT CARBS believe they where holley throttle bodies, no fuel control just 4 holes and throttle plates. Then under those but still on top of the blower was an aluminum plate with 16 injectors in it.

so why can't you just use the existing intake/throttle body and make a spacer (or use an existing throttle body spacer) and drill and tap a fitting into it for the propane?

I will admit that i know nothing of how propane systems operate so this may not work.

Dingo

Yes Yes Yes! Thank you Dingo509 thats it! "THE PREDATOR"!!!!!!!!! I couldn't pull that out of my head:twak:

but sense it,s a propane idea and minimal hood clears to boot.............Na that wouldn't work any ways.

Flash.

Back