• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

EPA Fines company $500k for Air Quality Enforcement

bigalpha

"In a settlement with the United States on behalf of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, automotive electronics manufacturer Edge Products LLC (Edge) has agreed to pay a $500,000 civil penalty for manufacturing and selling electronic devices that allowed owners of model year 2007 and later diesel pickup trucks to remove emission controls from their vehicles."

http://www.epa.gov/enforcement/air/cases/edgeproducts.html

This is just the start of it, there are a lot more companies that do the exact same thing. Better get your programmers and delete kits now. Or get a pre-07 truck.

This is just the start of it, there are a lot more companies that do the exact same thing. Better get your programmers and delete kits now. Or get a pre-07 truck.

No problem with that one. I and many other, I'm sure, will never own anything beyond 04, MAYBE. I just think it's sad when you can depend on a new car breaking something dumb and expensive, and older vehicles are still going 750,000 miles later. 2 guys I know had an F-350 and a Chevy 3500. Both were 04's, and had under 100,000 miles on them. They were in the shop more than on the road.

Back