• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Engine Rough until Normal Operating Temp

What was the error code that was stored when you went to get it checked? One other possibility is the wiring from the O2 sensors to the computer may be damaged. Or there could be a vacuum leak. Or it could be...?

What was the error code that was stored when you went to get it checked? One other possibility is the wiring from the O2 sensors to the computer may be damaged. Or there could be a vacuum leak. Or it could be...?

Im not sure of the code but it said something along the lines of 'high voltage oxygen sensor bank 1' it might have said 'short curcuit' in there too I dont remember after last night:cheers:.
Like you said FunTech I think I need to check the wiring going from the sensor to the computer because my readings from the CTS are accurate with what they should be.

PROBLEM SOLVED!!!

Well it turns out when I installed my new header about 6 months ago I routed the wiring from the computer to the O2 sensor just barely too close to the intake and exhaust header. And over the past six months I believe it has gradually melted the wires. I ended up cutting out a foot section of wiring and replaced it with new and routed it as far from any heat source as possible.

I cant thank you guys enough for all your ideas and input!!!:party:

Cool, I still have a the same problem. replaced following
muffler, cat, tailpipe, coolent sensor, tps.....
im going for downpipe o2 next, no codes being shown....no cel light or anything....

Cool, I still have a the same problem. replaced following
muffler, cat, tailpipe, coolent sensor, tps.....
im going for downpipe o2 next, no codes being shown....no cel light or anything....

Mine didnt throw a code for at least 2 months check all your sensors wiring for cracks or like mine spots that melted. Good luck!

Back