• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Engine rebuild

davinci said:
"heavy has a flywheel effect" Sorry for sounding like a noob, but what do you mean by this? I am not as tech savvy as I would like, I would consider myself more of a drive-way mechanic.

The Heavier crank has more counter weights and with the added weight it would have a flywheel effect as in it will help keep the motor spinning and won't bog down as easy at low RPMs esp. w/ a manual trans...

I was gonna offer my place up to you if you could get your jeep to Moorland...We'd pull the motor, machine it at my work, re-build and install it for ya...

Thanks for the offer, do you think that the total for everything would be less than 3 grand? If so then I might have to take you up on the offer the only problem is that it is going to take a while to get funds together, probably will take a couple months and I don't think that the Jeep will make it that far. When I get the money together then I will check back with you if that is alright.

Simms said:
The Heavier crank has more counter weights and with the added weight it would have a flywheel effect as in it will help keep the motor spinning and won't bog down as easy at low RPMs esp. w/ a manual trans...

I was gonna offer my place up to you if you could get your jeep to Moorland...We'd pull the motor, machine it at my work, re-build and install it for ya...

You got a PM...

Back