• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Engine power problems please help!

i changed plugs ,wires ,cap and rotor.when cold it does it littel but when it gets warm it chakes till i floor it and it quites till it gets in gear????????
HELP ME PLEASE I LOVE MY JEEP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

james1488 said:
i changed plugs ,wires ,cap and rotor.when cold it does it littel but when it gets warm it chakes till i floor it and it quites till it gets in gear????????
HELP ME PLEASE I LOVE MY JEEP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You could have a clogged catalytic converter. They go bad if the O2 sensor fails causing the air/fuel mixture to be rich. How is your MPG? Getting worse? I think a new CAT can be had for around $100. If you replace the CAT be sure to replace the O2 sensor too. Try to open the exhaust before the CAT and see how it does.

A bad fuel injector? You could unplug the wiring from one injector at a time. If you unplug one with no change in how the engine runs, you may have found your problem.

my mpg not realy any wores. on the 4.0 motors there is a vac plug back of intake. what line goes there????????????? the cat is ok. it ran good before the head gasket was done. now this wat could it be???????????

james1488 said:
my mpg not realy any wores. on the 4.0 motors there is a vac plug back of intake. what line goes there????????????? the cat is ok. it ran good before the head gasket was done. now this wat could it be???????????

No line goes there, just a rubber cap. You may be sucking air through your new head gasket. Try unplugging the transmission side of the TPS and see if that helps if you're having high RPMs.

i unpluged my egr and it is running better. but still doing the same but not as bad. i have more horse power. now wat is that about???? mybe the vac lines my be wrong!? but i did wat the book said to do?:flame: :smsoap:

well today my jeep just staled and now i can not get it to run and have any horse power. sounds like it is starving for gas. so am going to change fuel filtor and see wat happens. and if its runs am going to check all sentos:cry:

wen i got up this morring my jeep started and ran but wen i gave it some quike gas it back fired?????:variety: someone help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!why would it act like it over heats and it dont even gets to 210. then wont start then the next day it starts up?????????????????????????this is all since i got the head done!!!!!!!

Last edited:
am down to the comp not working and th 02 is out and now 1 of my ceilenor is no firing right. this is alot of work. but i luv my jeep.
hasta

Back