• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Embarrassing Engine Starts

Cleaning the sensor end of the MAT should not fix an out of spec MAT. I'd bet it has a bad, intermittent internal connection, or bad wire or connector! Suggest you check it again, and wiggle the wires to see if the reading changes, hot or cold!!!!

Ecomike said:
Cleaning the sensor end of the MAT should not fix an out of spec MAT. I'd bet it has a bad, intermittent internal connection, or bad wire or connector! Suggest you check it again, and wiggle the wires to see if the reading changes, hot or cold!!!!

I may have found the problem, when I was under the Jeep to ohm the CTS (and to clean its connections) I reached over to the Knock Sensor and the thing came apart in my hands! I guess I'll find out if this is the culprit. BTW the CTS ohmed out OK. The O2 sensor had some nasty crap on it's connection too. Cleaned it with brake cleaner and applied dielectric grease. Tomorrow I negotiate for my very own parts XJ. This salvage yard has about 10 and I feel lilke a kid in a candy store.:loveu:

Back