• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

email notification?

Ghost

Member Number 257
NAXJA Member
I have noticed lately that I'm not getting suscription notification. It appears to be checked in my cp but I get no notification of when people post in my threads. Anyone else haveing this issue?

Mine have been coming through with no problem. I am sure you know.... but double check your spam folder.... just for fun. :)

Glenn B said:
Mine have been coming through with no problem. I am sure you know.... but double check your spam folder.... just for fun. :)

TY I thought about that but I'm using outlook express. To my knowledged it does not have that feature. I just noticed it today when I did not get a responce to the TY thread.

ANyone else have any sugestions?

I check bellsouth too and the server is set to allow all email to come through. So it looks like its something on here. Any chance I can get some feedback on here? TY Glenn for the sugestions.

Try again. BellSouth has us blackholed. NAXJA's servers are very specifically *NOT* configured for open relay, we've been listed improperly.

There is something I might be able to do on the server side, but I consider it to be a bit dishonest, and it's also something I'm not going to try in the middle of the day.

BTW, it also has nothing to do with vBulletin.

I'll try to call them again they must have problems bc yesterday the mesage said basically they were to busy to take calls. LOL!

Ok I talked to Bellsouth and they said to email the postmaster and this is what I got back:

NEED THE IP ADDRESS TO RESOLVE

Thank you for contacting the AT&T Postmaster.

We will need additional information to process your request. Please
include the current and complete error message that you are receiving

and send it from the blocked network to <[email protected]>. We
must have the specific mailserver IP address in order to fully

investigate your complaint. If your mail server truncates that part of
the error message, it may be necessary for you to conduct a manual

session with our mail server to capture the blocked IP address.

Regards,

AT&T Postmaster
AT&T CSO/IISS
[email protected] http://worldnet.att.net/general-info/bls_info/block_inquiry.html

ATTN: Please thoroughly check your IP logs before requesting removal.
You must determine that all traffic from the blocked IP is actually

from your mail servers to ensure your network is not compromised.
Administrators who fail to do this may experience subsequent and more

resolute blocking.

Does this mean I need to get you guys to email them? Or are they looking for my ip? I would assume they want the site ip.

Any update? I'm not getting any Naxja emails through SBC/AT&T either.

Spam filter allows suspected mail to go into a bulk folder. No Naxja eMails anywhere! I have it set to instant email notification as well.

I need info from the admins to proceed.

I've discovered something overnight, it's gonna take me a bit to work through it.

ChiXJeff said:
I've discovered something overnight, it's gonna take me a bit to work through it.

No worries I know you have a lot on your plate. If there is anything I can do let me know!

ChiXJeff said:
Anything new here? There tech service dept was willing to help me get it straight but I need some info.

IntrepidXJ said:
the forum is being upgraded Sunday morning....wait until after then and see if it's working again
TY sir for that update.

Lessee if this one works.......

Back