• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Electrical issues... Died, no crank, no power

A short can cause other wires to overheat and melt.

I just discovered a similiar problem today! but like i can trun the key backwars to ACC and everything turns on! my radio my locks all work it just wont start! but my key cylinder(??) where i stick my key in always feels like its barely holding the key so i dont know if it could be that or what! Can anyone help??

I just discovered a similiar problem today! but like i can trun the key backwars to ACC and everything turns on! my radio my locks all work it just wont start! but my key cylinder(??) where i stick my key in always feels like its barely holding the key so i dont know if it could be that or what! Can anyone help??

BASICS--year, engine, trans, etc.

NBNR--No Basics, No Replies.

The key cylinder has no electrical parts in it, it only moves a long steel rod up and down the side of the steering column. The rod moves a slider switch that sits on top of the steering column way down under the dash, above the brake peddle. Google "ignition switch Jeep NAXJA" and you will find many great pictorial ans how to threads on that switch. That is just one of many parts in the start / run circuit!!! But it sounds like you are trying to say it is dead in the run and start positions, but not the ACC position. Also Google "No start Naxja Jeep" and should find a days worth of threads on troubleshooting no starts on jeeps.

The key / lock cylinder mechanism has no electrical parts in it, it only moves a long steel rod up and down the side of the steering column. The rod moves a slider switch that sits on top of the steering column way down under the dash, above the brake peddle. Google "ignition switch Jeep NAXJA" and you will find many great pictorial and how to threads on that switch. That is just one of many parts in the start / run circuit!!! But it sounds like you are trying to say it is dead in the run and start positions, but not the ACC position, which if true means the Ignition switch may be toast. Also Google "No start Naxja Jeep" and should find a days worth of threads on troubleshooting no starts on jeeps.

Also check out our FAQ here:

http://www.naxja.org/forum/faq.php?faq=new_faq_item#faq_new_faq_item9

Back