• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Electric Fan Conversion Kit

Re: OK, need some help here........

In discussing the benefits of an all electric fan set up I have found mixed reviews.

The benefits of an all electric fan seem to be in the slow moving rock crawler type driving. When I approached a similar company with an all electric fan conversion, they had a chart with a rpm line where the original equipment mechanical fan + auxilary fan system actually drew in more air for better cooling.

Any higher RPM on hot Southwesten US highways experience with this unit.

How are the CFM compared to OEM at various RPM's.

Thanks,
Fred
Explorer 1

I'd like to hear answers to these questions also. I'll be 90% on road/trail riding but have crawling capability as well. Would not want to reduce cooling efficiency at highway/street speeds.

Thanks.

Re: OK, need some help here........

Would not want to reduce cooling efficiency at highway/street speeds.

Thanks.

I've always been under the impression that at highway/street speeds, the air moving through the radiator from the forward motion of the Jeep is what cooled everything - not the fans.

Got fans? We are getting stocked up for faster shipping times.

timthumb.php

Can I get a shipping quote to 96818 if you ship out here? Stupid work computers wont let me go to the site

Just installed this kit in my '90 XJ. Anyone as clueless as me will want to know that the blue wire on the fans is the hot wire. Blue color is hot in DC voltage world. I wired it backwards and fans spun backward as pusher fans and overheated the Jeep. Also the easiest 'key on' tap for my '90 under the hood was the windshield washer idiot light wire. I chased my relay power wire and the battery side fan power wire along the wire loom in front of the radiator. Chase these wires when the rad support is out during the fan install. The kit comes with straight blade fans and I guess the spal website says these move more air than s curved fans so don't lust for the s curve blade.

Just purchased a rig with the 3 fan kit installed and wired to a toggle switch. My first easy shakedown run at the river I noticed the jeep was running way too hot so I popped the hood and noticed only the middle fan was turning. Left side fan was wired into some existing sensor or something so I just wired it into the toggle instead. Now with two fans turning its keeping the water temp down in the normal range when crawling. Right side fan however is toast, the motor came loose and self destructed and took part of the housing with it. How would I go about getting a single replacement fan assembly? I'm more than happy with the performance from the two fans and its some real world proof of the claimed cfm if anyone is still questioning it.

Is there updated installation instructions? I can't seem to find any on the website.

Also are these SPAL fans way better than previous ones? I remember this kit being significantly cheaper about 1-2 years ago when I looked at it.

Last question, do you guys offer military discounts? and if so how do I go about getting one?

Thanks

I have not had any issues with my first gen fan kit, but SPAL fans are much better than the original fans.
Dirtbound offers a Naxja discount, which is probably same as military.

Back